Giving to charity / volunteering Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giving to charity / volunteering

Go down 
+4
JM130ELM
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Giving to charity / volunteering Empty
PostSubject: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:29 am

Do you give to charity, or volunteer anywhere? If so, which is your favorite organization(s)?
There's a Salvation Army store near my house, twice a year I'll donate some of my and my daughters old clothes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Same here. Anything that I don't want anymore, instead of throwing it out (clothes, shoes, electronics, etc).....I'll donate it to a church or Salvation Army. I voluteered on Thanksgiving at a church feeding the needy and homeless.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I give clothes to St. Mary's church at least 3 or 4 times a year. During the holidays I buy toys for children in the hospital who's parents cant afford to spend a lot of money on them. I also once a month send money to St. Joseph's Indian School for Children. I also send money to the Disabled Veterans and the Paralyzed Veterans.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:19 pm

When I was a kid we got some random flier in the mail from amFar that had a sticker attached. I don't know why, but I took the sticker and stuck it to the back of my closet wall in my bedroom. Growing up I wound up seeing their name and logo on a regular basis every time I went in my closet. I started sending them checks every year when I was about 21.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:11 pm

I once donated to the United Way about seven or eight years ago. I got away from doing it, but may start again soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't give to many of the large charities, like United Way because they turned me off years ago with their tactic of forcing donations in the workplace or Salvation Army because of their religious views on gays.

I usually give to disaster relief, such as the earthquake in Haiti or the Hurricane in New Orleans and years ago in an earthquake in Turkey. I've donated to a free clinic in India and have done volunteer work there years ago.

In the '80s I put in a lot of hours volunteering in AIDS organizations and literally did hands-on volunteering, giving massages to ppl with AIDS in hospitals and nursing homes.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 am

I don't do a helluva a lot of charity or volunteer work. Maybe I should, though. In any event, I do donate things I don't want anymore to places like women's shelters and Salvation Army.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 am

I don't have a specific charity I give to but I work at a hospital and on a regular basis will bring in something for the clothes drives they have. During the holiday season, I stop in the gift shop and buy toys to be donated. I have also donated blood. Even though I don't endorse a specific charity I think I'm charitable enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving to charity / volunteering   Giving to charity / volunteering Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving to charity / volunteering
Page 1 of 1