IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)

Go down 
+7
Marc™
Supernova
RedBedroom
AtownPeep
TPP
Forgiveness Man
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Empty
PostSubject: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm

What's your opinion of In Vitro Fertilization? For or against?

Keep in mind that it produced this:
IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Octomombelly-279x300
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm against it. I guess I don't support making it illegal but I am at least morally opposed to it.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm for it. Of course it should be used ethically, but I don't want the Octomom to ruin it for infertile couples everywhere. Also, remember that they "only" implanted 6 embryo's in her, but two of them split, identical twinning is more common in IVF, probably due to low calcium levels...It's also more common when you get pregnant while breastfeeding...Hence my identical twins.

I believe that ethically speaking 3 should be the limit, but I wouldn't want there to be a law about it because it's such a personal thing.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm fine when it's used as a means for helping infertile couples conceive, but when it's used as a way to manipulate nature into giving the mother as many babies as possible, it becomes a problem.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I think it is a Blessing for couples who can not conceive.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:53 pm

This is one of my very unpopular opinions that I basically become the enemy of the state or something for saying it, but I'm against it. I can understand every couple wants to have their own baby, but life proves all the time that we don't always get what we want, and in the meantime there are millions of fine kids who are already here and nobody wants but does that make them any less deserving of a good home and loving family?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm

^^^^You won't become the enemy of the state with me. FORGIVENESS MAN
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am

I don't see any point in being against it, most women who take advantage of it aren't as nutty as the Octomom. If she's having trouble conceiving, why not? I don't understand why some people are against the innovations of medical science.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 am

Marc™ wrote:
I don't see any point in being against it, most women who take advantage of it aren't as nutty as the Octomom. If she's having trouble conceiving, why not? I don't understand why some people are against the innovations of medical science.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I'm against it. I guess I don't support making it illegal but I am at least morally opposed to it.

I'll be the bold one here and ask.

Why are you morally opposed to it Forgiveness Man?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Marc™ wrote:
I don't understand why some people are against the innovations of medical science.

Well one reason is because science has proven countless times that they devote years of time and millions of dollars into proving if they CAN do something without posing the question IF they should, and when other people ask the big IF, they can't supply a good answer.

What I consider to be a good example of this is, why does science in one of its next big ideas want to make it so you can customize what your baby will look like before it's even conceived? Shouldn't they instead be finding ways to make sure they aren't born with tumors or their hearts outside of their chests or something more important than just 'oh! I can pick the platinum blonde hair and light blue eyes and a nicely tanned skin for it!'? I could care less if my child has the 'right' colored hair or 'right' colored eyes, how about making sure it isn't born with cancer or diabetes or a bad heart instead? Or is that not important enough, or is it just not as interesting to the paying public as 'as-you-like-it-babies'?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Marc™ wrote:
I don't see any point in being against it, most women who take advantage of it aren't as nutty as the Octomom.

And another thing about this part of the argument is it is NOT just the Octomom. Let us NOT forget that she did NOT do this herself, a DOCTOR did this to her. A doctor, who knew that she couldn't afford to have eight kids, somehow, for some sick reason, did it to her anyway, and why? Did he think it would be a great idea? I severely doubt that she had the money to actually pay for the procedure and doctors are a lot of things these days but altruistic isn't one of them, they want money. So if she couldn't afford the procedure, which if I'm not mistaken IS very expensive, why did he do it? Why did he think it would be a good idea to make 8 more kids into a woman who already had 6? This to me shows that doctors and scientist can suffer from a SEVERE lack of logic, so why shouldn't we question the things they do?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:51 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:19 pm

If you got the money and means and you can't get pregnant....then rock it out.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:30 am

The technology exists. You ain't putting that genie back in the bottle so being against it because some unethical doctor helps some whack job abuse it is no reason to deny all the infertile couples the benefit that it could bring.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm

alan smithee wrote:
The technology exists. You ain't putting that genie back in the bottle so being against it because some unethical doctor helps some whack job abuse it is no reason to deny all the infertile couples the benefit that it could bring.
'

co-signs
That's like being against adoption, because some may be child-selling rings. IVF is a Godsend to infertile couples. One abusive physician enabling a whackjob like Nadya Suleman isn't a good enough argument to stifle it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)   IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Empty

Back to top Go down

IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
Page 1 of 1