CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
TPP
CeCe
Supernova
7 posters

If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band? Empty If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band?

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Carrying over from my thread about jewelry in general, if I ever got married, I would not have a wedding band/ring because I know I would never wear it and I'd probably lose it or put in a drawer and forget where it was, and what would be the point in that?

How about everyone else?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band? Empty Re: If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band?

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I had one that got too tight so I tossed it & picked up a silver one at Kohl's a few years ago for about $14.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band? Empty Re: If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band?

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 pm

have-yes, wear-sometimes
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

We put our Wedding Bands on in March of 1983 and I wore mine every day for the next 19 years.

If you are married, do you have/wear a wedding band? 1995robbrenrings

I wore it for a year after we got divorced.

After my wife died I had a jeweler entwine the two rings and they hang on a foto of us.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

My wedding band is put away because it got a little bent out of shape with a little nick that can be uncomfortable. Our rings didn't cost much money but I wouldn't be comfortable just tossing the original and just getting a replacement. Maybe one of these days I take it someplace to be refurbished. Probably cost more than the ring but I’m sentimental.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 pm

alan smithee wrote:My wedding band is put away because it got a little bent out of shape with a little nick that can be uncomfortable. Our rings didn't cost much money but I wouldn't be comfortable just tossing the original and just getting a replacement. Maybe one of these days I take it someplace to be refurbished. Probably cost more than the ring but I’m sentimental.

That is sweet.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 am

Now something I could never get was...well on the IMDb's Soapbox I brought up the question about wedding/engagement rings and WHAT is the point of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on one. And boy that is not something you can expect to get a lot of intelligent remarks on, the general reply was 'well if they LOVED me, why wouldn't they spend a lot of money on one?', it never occurs to these people that the cost of one of those rocks could pay for the whole wedding and maybe a down payment on a house or something. I'd think that would be a better wedding present.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:30 am

Supernova wrote:Now something I could never get was...well on the IMDb's Soapbox I brought up the question about wedding/engagement rings and WHAT is the point of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on one. And boy that is not something you can expect to get a lot of intelligent remarks on, the general reply was 'well if they LOVED me, why wouldn't they spend a lot of money on one?', it never occurs to these people that the cost of one of those rocks could pay for the whole wedding and maybe a down payment on a house or something. I'd think that would be a better wedding present.

I gotta say, I am as cheap as they come, and I am not for marriage, personally...works well for others. And I think spending a decent amount on a ring is a good idea. It is THE one and ONLY heirloom for the couple. So, let them do it. You don't have to help with the mortgage if they are in danger of defaulting!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 am

I'm the opposite, I'm for marriage but not for rings, I've said it before, I wouldn't have any use for one and it's unlikely I would ever wear it so what would be the point in getting it in the first place?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:34 am

Supernova wrote:I'm the opposite, I'm for marriage but not for rings, I've said it before, I wouldn't have any use for one and it's unlikely I would ever wear it so what would be the point in getting it in the first place?

Well,not for you then. Everyone is different....some more traditional than the next.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:35 am

when i was married, i never took it off.

I WANTED an engagement ring as a symbol of his love and affection, but in the end, I told him to pay some bills with the money he would have spent. By the time he got around to buying me a diamond ring for christmas years later, our marriage was ending.

My sister was asked "do you want an engagement ring or a video camera" she took the camera and it was back in the day that it was like $2000 and u had two seperate pieces, the huge camera itself, and half the VCR that u carried on a shoulder strap!!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 am

I'd take the camera too, I'd have a use for that.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 am

An engagement ring is just the remnant of an ancient betrothal ceremony. It's just a tradition that most people (men and women) have been conditioned to maintain in our culture. Myself included. It never occured to me to ask my wife if she wanted a ring or something else that cost a lot of money. The only thing I asked her was, "will you marry me?" when I gave it to her. It cost what I could afford on $140 a week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 12:30 am