CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+16
Nhaiyel
TSJFan4Ever
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
RobbieFTW
MandyPerfumeGirl
Chris
Impact
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Marc™
RiteDiva
kinetic
20 posters

The 'Justin Bieber' Discussion Thread

Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Music Re: The 'Justin Bieber' Discussion Thread

Post by Dan70 Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 am

I can't stand that little douche. This is the same kid who hasn't heard of Germany but yet thinks he competent enough to be commenting on world affairs. Yes I know he's a kid, but I wouldn't be inclined to think that most of the kids his age are that stupid.

Here are some other little gems from that article.

On sex before marriage: “I don’t think
    you should have sex with anyone unless you love them. I think you
    should just wait for the person you’re…in love with.”

On war: “Canada doesn’t go around attacking people.”

On homosexuality: “It’s everyone’s own decision to do that.
    It doesn’t affect me and it shouldn’t affect anyone else.”

On religion: “I feel I have an
    obligation to plant little seeds with my fans. I’m not going to tell
    them, ‘You need Jesus,’ but I will say at the end of my show, ‘God
    loves you’.”

On politics: “I’m not sure about the parties. But whatever they have in Korea, that’s bad.”

On abortion: “I really don’t believe in abortion. It’s like killing a baby?”

On abortion in cases of rape:
    “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I
    guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge
    that.”
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:07 am

captainbryce wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:
    eye roll Oh seriously, get the fuck outta here! I don't know how old you are, but I think you should probably first consider the age of the person you are talking about. HE'S A DAMN KID! A 16 year old pop star that was for the most part trying to be humerous while acknowledging a basic truth about the differences between Canada and the US at the same time (which he has every right).

From the Rollingstone interview: The Canadian-born Bieber never plans on becoming an American citizen. "You guys are evil," he jokes. "Canada's the best country in the world." He's obviously joking here!

For real, stop taking the shit so seriously! If you don't like Justin Bieber then that's fine, but don't tell me it's because he didn't word his message in a formal, "politically correct" way that doesn't offend your American sensibilities despite him being in an informal joking setting at the time. There are plenty of reasons to hate on Justin Bieber. I assure you THIS isn't one of them! You can only direct someone else to grow up after you first grow up yourself.

Sorry captain but I'm seriously not getting the fuck out of here. This is what I commented on:

"You guys (USA) are evil," he says. "Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home."

You assume that I knew the context of his statement. Wrong. The only thing I had to go on were the words above. My first comment was even, "Did he really say that?" Because I am a 54 year old adult, I checked and the only thing I could find were things like, "he told the magazine." If I had ever run across "he joked" I wouldn't have bothered writing anything at all because I don't hate Justin Bieber. It's almost impossible to hate something or someone that you don't spend any time thinking about. I didn't even know he was Canadian. All I am aware of is he's a teenage "pop star".

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm

He's basically right. I can't stand him and can't understand why he's made it so big, but he's basically right. The U.S. is backwards in many ways and Canada is ahead of us in many ways, and healthcare is an example of that. Here, money is worth more than health is. It's disgusting. Yes, I agree with him on this one.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:26 pm

alan smithee wrote:Sorry captain but I'm seriously not getting the fuck out of here. This is what I commented on:

"You guys (USA) are evil," he says. "Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home."

You assume that I knew the context of his statement. Wrong. The only thing I had to go on were the words above. My first comment was even, "Did he really say that?" Because I am a 54 year old adult, I checked and the only thing I could find were things like, "he told the magazine." If I had ever run across "he joked" I wouldn't have bothered writing anything at all because I don't hate Justin Bieber. It's almost impossible to hate something or someone that you don't spend any time thinking about. I didn't even know he was Canadian. All I am aware of is he's a teenage "pop star".
    You're right, I did assume (actually hoped) that you knew the context of what you were responding to before commenting on it, even though I suspected that you might not. That's why I responded. The above example is all the more reason to avoid commenting on a quote when you don't know the proper context! Saying "Fuck Bieber" over and over again based on a fautly premise kind of makes you look like an idiot, if you know what I mean. In any case, I'm glad that you are big enough to realize your error and aren't sitting here trying to defend your position (as certain other people on here would have done). You are therefore NOT an idiot because you realize that the quote was taken out of context and corrected yourself.

Here is what I witnessed here: Justin Bieber was asked a question about his citizenship, he made a joke never intended to be offensive, explained why he didn't want that for himself, expressed sympathy for his bodygaurd's situation and used it as an example of why he values specific elements of Cadanian quality of life. That was it! He did NOTHING wrong and people just spent an entire thread taking his words out of context and using that as an excuse to hate on him more than they already did. Justin Bieber is obviously not anti-American. His career started in America, he works for an American production company, is mentored by an American and most of the people who work for him are American. America helped make him who he is today and I doubt that even the average 16 year old would be dumb enough to turn a blind eye to that and intentionally insult an entire country. Sometimes, common sense really needs to be taken into consideration.

Last edited by captainbryce on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Dan70 wrote:I can't stand that little douche. This is the same kid who hasn't heard of Germany but yet thinks he competent enough to be commenting on world affairs. Yes I know he's a kid, but I wouldn't be inclined to think that most of the kids his age are that stupid.
    Um, first of all I'm pretty sure you know the answer to this already and are just trying to match his douchiness, but just in case you didn't, regarding the "German incident" Bieber was interviewed about this "quote" and claimed that he has surely "heard of Germany" but couldn't understand the interviewer's accent and thought he was saying a different word "Jewman" that he didn't understand. The interviewer obviously has a thick accent so this isn't that hard to believe. Secondly, rollingstone ASKED him these questions (inappropriatly I might add) in the hopes that he would generate some buzzworthy quotes that they could make money off of. I'm sure he didn't intend to go on a political rant and discuss a bunch of contraversial topics that might get him in hot water! So you might want to blame rollingstone for thinking that he is "competent enough to be commenting on world affairs" since they in fact baited him into those questions. eye roll

Dan70 wrote:
    Here are some other little gems from that article.

On sex before marriage: “I don’t think
    you should have sex with anyone unless you love them. I think you
    should just wait for the person you’re…in love with.”

On war: “Canada doesn’t go around attacking people.”

On homosexuality: “It’s everyone’s own decision to do that.
    It doesn’t affect me and it shouldn’t affect anyone else.”

On religion: “I feel I have an
    obligation to plant little seeds with my fans. I’m not going to tell
    them, ‘You need Jesus,’ but I will say at the end of my show, ‘God
    loves you’.”

On politics: “I’m not sure about the parties. But whatever they have in Korea, that’s bad.”

On abortion: “I really don’t believe in abortion. It’s like killing a baby?”

On abortion in cases of rape:
    “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I
    guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge
    that.”
    AGAIN, I think that quotes should only be commented on when they are taken IN CONTEXT and not when bits and pieces are picked and chosen to represent him as a whole. To that end, I see NOTHING wrong with his comments from the perspective of a 16 YEAR OLD KID, who would never be judged on his answers to these questions if he wasn't a pop star. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and frankly, his opinions on these topics don't seem much different from most of the people on these threads. I think his take on homosexuality is flawed (from what I can make of it), but assuming that he is trying to say that homosexuality is a choice (which I disagree with), MANY people agree with him. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. And that's just ASSUMING that this is indeed what he was trying to say. I pretty much agree with everything else he said however (though I think he worded it badly and some of it was taken out of context).
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Captainbryce, you seem awfully pressed on all this. Are you perhaps a fan of Bieber's?
    Is that why you're so oddly hellbent on taking up for this little douche?

This isn't the first time you've expressed an interest in this kid either.
    You did it HERE and HERE as well.

The 'Justin Bieber' Discussion Thread - Page 3 SmileyHmm

That you know the specifics of the "German incident" is also curious.

How was his concert, did he autograph your program?
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Dan70 wrote:Captainbryce, you seem awfully pressed on all this. Are you perhaps a fan of Bieber's?
    Is that why you're so oddly hellbent on taking up for this little douche?
    Nope. I don't think he can sing at all and personally I can't stand his haircut (and really think that he is setting a BAD trend in today's youth). However COMMA, I don't hate him either and am willing to admit that a couple of his songs are catchy (though annoying at the same time). But my feelings about him as an artist are completely irrelevant. The fact is, I think that I can't stand "haters" who don't really ever have a legitimate reason for hating on someone (whether it's Bieber or anyone else) and I think that he, like many other rich, famous and lucky people are often targetted by "haters" unjustly. That being the case (and especially when it pertains to a YOUTH), I like to have people put their money where their mouth is. This is just like the people out there hating on Jaden Smith (another youth living the American dream). If you are going to hate on a 16 year old pop star, come up with some legitimate reasons for it. And with the exception of THIS post, I don't recall EVER "taken up for him".

Dan70 wrote:This isn't the first time you've expressed an interest in this kid either.
    You did it HERE and HERE as well.
    I'm not sure how this translates into me "taking up for him" in your mind. Is he or is he not a popular yet contraversial figure as the responses from you on this thread so clearly indicate? By the way, the second post on that thread concerned Usher and Justin Bieber (as in the "partnership"). Pay attention!

Dan70 wrote:That you know the specifics of the "German incident" is also curious.
    Oh, you mean that instead of taking everything I hear at face value and using that to make a judgement of someone, I actually took the extra 2 minutes necessary to "google" the specifics of the incident before commenting on it and not making myself look like a ratard? Yeah, I guess something like that would be "curious" to you wouldn't it! smug

Dan70 wrote:How was his concert, did he autograph your program?
    Translation: Since I clearly LOST this argument, I shall now turn my attention to attacking the person who WON it! Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:27 pm

I appreciate your conciliatory reply, captainbryce but I want to be clear that I’m not embarrassed by anything I previously said under the circumstances. I did my due diligence. Since he was being facetious I consider the issue closed except to say that if his statement hadn’t been misrepresented by other media sources and he had been serious, I would stand by my “fuck you Bieb” reply without apology or concern as to how it made me look to others. And 16 year olds do many other things far worse then being “dumb enough to turn a blind eye to that and intentionally insult an entire country.” Like getting pregnant, addicted to drugs, starting a cigarette habit, joining a gang. Sometimes considering common sense doesn’t guarantee anything.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Verdict: Bieber is a sixteen year old. Can we move on now?
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm

alan smithee wrote:I appreciate your conciliatory reply, captainbryce but I want to be clear that I’m not embarrassed by anything I previously said under the circumstances. I did my due diligence. Since he was being facetious I consider the issue closed except to say that if his statement hadn’t been misrepresented by other media sources and he had been serious, I would stand by my “fuck you Bieb” reply without apology or concern as to how it made me look to others. And 16 year olds do many other things far worse then being “dumb enough to turn a blind eye to that and intentionally insult an entire country.” Like getting pregnant, addicted to drugs, starting a cigarette habit, joining a gang. Sometimes considering common sense doesn’t guarantee anything.
    Fair enough! Surrender :
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:38 pm

bear hug
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Rockbird wrote:Verdict: Bieber is a sixteen year old. Can we move on now?
    co-signs cheers
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Music Bieber, the anti-Nirvana?

Post by Impact Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 am

I just read this:

March 1, 1994 Nirvana played its last concert. The same day The Bieber was being born.
    Spooky or not? Is Bieber the anti-Nirvana?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Coincidences are a dime a dozen aren't they?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Music Justin Bieber attacked outside Macy's in NYC

Post by Chris Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:24 am

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/834351/justin-bieber-attacked-outside-macys-in-nyc

]Justin Bieber attacked outside Macy's in NYC

Man Pushes Justin Bieber In NYC
    Posted on Jun 23, 2011 1:42 PM by Meagan Morris

The 'Justin Bieber' Discussion Thread - Page 3 Justin-bieber-attacked
    You're not going to believe what happened to Justin Bieber outside a New York City Macy's.

Justin Bieber attacked outside Macy's in New York City

Rest easy, Selena Gomez: Beliebers have a new death threat target. A man hopped a barricade outside Macy’s in New York City’s Herald Square and knocked Justin Bieber to the ground. The Biebs is making the rounds in NYC today to promote his new perfume for girls, Someday.

"Gonna chill... grab a bite... then see everyone at MACY's for the #SOMEDAY launch. LEGGO!!" Bieber tweeted before the event.

While there, he decided to go outside to greet fans that couldn’t get into the store for his appearance -- and that’s when an adult man scaled a barricade and knocked Bieber to the ground, according to WABC.

Bieber wasn’t hurt in the incident, but he was "visibly shaken" and tried to fight back against the assailant. The man was quickly grabbed by cops and hauled away.

Why would a guy push poor, precious Biebs to the ground? He’s either a serious Belieber or a guy who was jilted by his girl over Bieber. All joking aside, we’re glad he’s okay. Incidents like this make it more difficult for stars to reach their fans on a one-to-one level.

Some guys in a building across the street caught the fracas on tape -- and they added their own lame (and NSFW) commentary too.
    Watch Justin Bieber get attacked outside Macy's.

Fans had lined up outside Macy’s since the event was announced on Tuesday. He’s stirred up pandemonium all over the city today with appearances on the Today Show and The View.

"The ladies of @theviewtv thank you for having me. awesome as always... sorry for the prank. lol. #someday," Bieber tweeted.

Get well soon, JB.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 am

In the interest of fairness, I am refraining from telling the joke that popped into my head. Glad the kid's alright though.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 pm

I don't go for him at all, but I think the level of derision he inspires from adults (usually grown men) is silly. Let Leif Garrett Jr. be the 12 year old girls corny fun. They will grow out of him, and he will be dropped back into obscurity, soon enough.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm

i couldnt see anything .. but from what dude in video said "think old guy has a boner" im glad i didnt
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I don't go for him at all, but I think the level of derision he inspires from adults (usually grown men) is silly. Let Leif Garrett Jr. be the 12 year old girls corny fun. They will grow out of him, and he will be dropped back into obscurity, soon enough.

Seriously. He's no different that the crushes we had on pre-teen pop stars back in the day.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:40 am

People tend to hate success. If you make it big (especially in the U.S.) some people will root for your downfall. He's irrelevant to me (I couldn't tell you what he sounds like) but I'm glad this didn't turn out like John Lennon.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 am

New Song: Justin Bieber – ‘Mistletoe’

The 'Justin Bieber' Discussion Thread - Page 3 Justin-Bieber-Mistletoe-cover

Justin Bieber has launched the Holiday season with the first single from his upcoming ‘Under the Mistletoe’ album, ‘Mistletoe’. The young star has already filmed a video for the record with the assistance of director Roman White and will debut the clip ahead of his album’s November 1st release date.

Of course, Bieber has utilised several other methods to promote ‘Under the Mistletoe’, such as asking his fans to choose the next single from the LP’s star-powered tracklist. He is also expected to perform at the 2011 American Music Awards where he has been nominated for Favourite Male Pop/Rock Artist.

Listen to ‘Mistletoe’ below:

There is absolutely no denying that Bieber’s voice s painfully monotone. In fact, he basically sang this entire song, which has a striking similarity to Jason Mraz’s ‘I’m Yours’, in less than an octave.

Hopefully, Bieber’s time in the studio with diva Mariah Carey gave him the opportunity to learn how to sing. Indeed, as he grows closer to adulthood and his youthful looks begin to fade, his musicianship will become the main focus and if he cannot adapt then he will fade away like Miley Cyrus.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

Good Grief this is a Christmas Song? What garbage.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 am

New Song: Justin Bieber & Usher – ‘The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)’

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:14 am

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am

haha! Yea right, I'm willing to bet he still a virgin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:52 pm