Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' Empty
PostSubject: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 pm

The remake fad continues...

Quote :
By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday March 18, 2010 @ 11:13am EST

EXCLUSIVE: Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton has found a new 3D project. He will direct a stop-motion animated film based on Charles Addams' original ghoulish cartoon drawings of The Addams Family. Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based family film unit headed by Chris Meledandri, has acquired the underlying rights of the Addams drawings, once a staple of The New Yorker magazine.

Other than being inspired by the same source material, the animated feature is unrelated to previous incarnations of Addams’ work, the 60s TV series, the two `90s feature film comedies that Barry Sonnenfeld directed with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston, or the Broadway musical opening this spring with Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth in the starring roles.

Meladandri will produce the film. Kevin Miserocchi of the Tee and Charles Addams Foundation will be executive producer. A writer will be hired shortly. Burton, whose visual creations are currently on display at a MOMA exhibit that opened last November, is expected to provide much of the visual look of the film himself.

Burton’s experience in animated film is extensive. He last directed Corpse Bride, and is making a feature version of Frankenweenie, the 1984 30-minute short film Burton made about a boy who reanimates his dead dog. That reportedly got him tossed off the Disney lot for making a film too terrifying for a family audience, but the film has since become a cult favorite. Burton recently produced 9, as well as the delightful stop-motion animated The Nightmare Before Christmas, for which he wrote the story.

His intention is to go back to the litany of Addams illustrations that displayed a sharper wit than could be place into a 60s family TV series.

While there are many post-Green Zone articles speculating how Universal will pull itself out of an extended feature slump, Illumination's upcoming animated slate should be a big help in giving Universal a foothold in the 3D CG family entertainment market. Meledandri left the top post at Fox Animation to form Illumination in 2007, and begins contributing to the Universal pipeline when the studio releases the Steve Carell-voiced Despicable Me on July 9. That’s followed by the April 1, 2011 release of I Hop, with Russell Brand voicing the Easter Bunny, with the Ricky Gervais creation Flanimals coming later 2011. Right behind that is Where’s Waldo and Dr.Seuss’ The Lorax.
SOURCE
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Doyen wrote:
The remake fad continues...

Quote :
By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday March 18, 2010 @ 11:13am EST

EXCLUSIVE: Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton has found a new 3D project. He will direct a stop-motion animated film based on Charles Addams' original ghoulish cartoon drawings of The Addams Family. Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based family film unit headed by Chris Meledandri, has acquired the underlying rights of the Addams drawings, once a staple of The New Yorker magazine.

Other than being inspired by the same source material, the animated feature is unrelated to previous incarnations of Addams’ work, the 60s TV series, the two `90s feature film comedies that Barry Sonnenfeld directed with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston, or the Broadway musical opening this spring with Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth in the starring roles.

Meladandri will produce the film. Kevin Miserocchi of the Tee and Charles Addams Foundation will be executive producer. A writer will be hired shortly. Burton, whose visual creations are currently on display at a MOMA exhibit that opened last November, is expected to provide much of the visual look of the film himself.

Burton’s experience in animated film is extensive. He last directed Corpse Bride, and is making a feature version of Frankenweenie, the 1984 30-minute short film Burton made about a boy who reanimates his dead dog. That reportedly got him tossed off the Disney lot for making a film too terrifying for a family audience, but the film has since become a cult favorite. Burton recently produced 9, as well as the delightful stop-motion animated The Nightmare Before Christmas, for which he wrote the story.

His intention is to go back to the litany of Addams illustrations that displayed a sharper wit than could be place into a 60s family TV series.

While there are many post-Green Zone articles speculating how Universal will pull itself out of an extended feature slump, Illumination's upcoming animated slate should be a big help in giving Universal a foothold in the 3D CG family entertainment market. Meledandri left the top post at Fox Animation to form Illumination in 2007, and begins contributing to the Universal pipeline when the studio releases the Steve Carell-voiced Despicable Me on July 9. That’s followed by the April 1, 2011 release of I Hop, with Russell Brand voicing the Easter Bunny, with the Ricky Gervais creation Flanimals coming later 2011. Right behind that is Where’s Waldo and Dr.Seuss’ The Lorax.
SOURCE

I thought his next project was going to be Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp as the Vampire Barnabas Collins?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
SecHandNews
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SecHandNews

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm not really into this idea. To me the Addams Family film adaptations with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston really weren't that long ago, and I was pretty satisfied with how they turned out. Not really interested in another series.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 pm

I might be the only one who has never seen The Addams Family in its entirety. I'm actually a big fan of Burton's movies, but I don't know about this one.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male
Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 am

Tony Marino wrote:
I found the article, shooting starts in the fall for Dark Shadows:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/07/dark-shadows-definitely-next-for-tim-burton-set-to-shoot-in-fall-2010/

And if you ask me Dark Shadows is a more interesting project than a 3D adaptation of the Addams Family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family'   Tim Burton Next 3D Animated Film? Da Da Da, Da, Snap Snap, `The Addams Family' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1