Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?

Go down 
+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Empty
PostSubject: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 am

Have you even given money to homeless person on the street with a sign, or a shopping cart?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

I don’t often encounter people that unfortunate in the suburbs where I live most of my life. I mentioned in another thread that I bought someone a meal instead of giving them the money they were asking for (to buy food).
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 pm

In the City its quite common to see homeless people begging for money. As a rule I do not but sometimes I may give some loose change but very rarely. NYC does not want you to contribute to the homeless probably because there are a lot of scam artists out there.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 pm

I use to a lot, but like Tony said......there are a lot of scam artists out there. I did give money to a homeless (I'm assuming) man on a street holding up a sign that said he was just going to use whatever money he gets to buy beer. I thought that was deliriously honest and hilarious so I gave him a few dollars.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

I have a coupe of times in the past, but not anymore. Gave one guy a couple of dollars and then he asked me to go into McDonald's and buy him a cup of coffee. I should have asked for my money back or told him to use that. I'll support food banks and other organizations but I don't like just handing over cash. Very few of the people where I live use the money for food. I've had friends offer them food and most times they say no - they just want the money.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I normally don't but did once. The guy was so exasperated about no one helping him. He said he just wanted to get a hamburger off the $1 menu. Gave him $5 & he looked like he was going to cry. Contrast to the guy who clearly had a prepared speech who asked for money one time. When he was told "can't do it today" he started cussing. Walking & looking back cussing. Then he flipped me off when I passed him again on the road. ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 am

LOL - I hope NO ONE gave him money I was with a friend once and this guy was REALLY rude in asking her Mom for money. He pointed to a bank and suggested she go there and withdraw money and give it to him. He was a total jerk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?   Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?
Page 1 of 1