Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?

Go down 
+6
RedBedroom
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
TSJFan4Ever
Impact
Supernova
Marc™
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? Empty
PostSubject: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:55 am

If your family and your longterm partner or spouse didn't like each other, which would you be more committed to....preserving your place and relations with your immediate family, or your relationship?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 am

If it came down to between my mother, and a guy, I'm going with my mother. Reminds me of the line from Prom Night III: 'Girlfriends come and girlfriends go, but best friends are forever'. And my family is proof enough that once isn't the lucky number, if he wants to leave because I side with my family, screw him anyway, I don't need him.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 am

Depends on my relationships with both. Since my spouse is the one I chose to merge with to create a new life for myself, they'd come first. At a certain point bio family has to let go and let the individual have the life and partner of their choosing.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 am

My family. If my boyfriend couldn't get along with my family, he's not someone I'd want to marry. My family is pretty reasonable and accepting and very loving, so if he wanted no part of them... well - I'd be saying good-bye pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am

I'm not close to my family, so I'd probably go with the person I actually chose to be in my life. I don't like my family; why should my boyfriend?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 am

This thread reminds me of something I overheard yesterday. I was leaving a waterpark after dropping my son off for a party. There was a couple walking in as I was leaving. The guy said to the woman he was with, "So my objectives for the day are stay out of the bar and be nice to your mother." I thought that was so funny and reflects my thoughts on this topic.

If I have a man in my life that I love enough to be with long term, he should at least fake it with my family if he doesn't like them. If my family was so awful that the guy I love can't keep peace with them, chances are I wouldn't be that close with them either.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:13 am

I would absolutely choose my mother (my entire family) over a guy. She has been there through my entire life - he probably won't be.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Impact wrote:
Depends on my relationships with both. Since my spouse is the one I chose to merge with to create a new life for myself, they'd come first. At a certain point bio family has to let go and let the individual have the life and partner of their choosing.
co-signs
Just because it's your mother doesn't make her right.

When I fell in love with a black woman I found out my mother was a quiet racist (separate but equal bullshit).

I didn't communicate with her for a couple years. She finally apologized to my wife and we were on good terms - even visited. But it was no problem choosing my partner over my family.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 pm

I would put my wife over everyone, except my daughter. Impact said it best; the one you choose as your life partner takes precedence over your biological family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

If I'm married, or in a relationship that is serious enough for marriage, then the my BF/Husband would have to take immediate precedence. If my family couldn't respect my life partner, then that's really a sign of them not respecting me as my own person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?   Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Put First: Family or Your Partner?
Page 1 of 1