If Affirmative Action ended... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Affirmative Action ended...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

If Affirmative Action ended... Empty
PostSubject: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 am

Do you think society has evolved enough to the point where if Affirmative Action were to end, hiring practices would continue as they've been with it in place, or do you suspect that it would return to the days of women/minorities being blatantly shunned from employment?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 am

I don't know about that one. On one hand, women and minorities have proven that they can do the work, but that doesn't mean that the up tight men want them working there anymore than they did before. It's a known fact women still aren't getting paid equal to their male coworkers, and why is that allowed to continue when everybody knows it, and that is an illegal activity?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 pm

I don't have faith in society to do the right thing in this regard. Too many people get off on being exclusionists.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 am

ITA with marc! I think things would backslide.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:13 am

Does it matter? FORGIVENESS MAN It's wrong to tell people who they can and cannot hire, regardless of the morality of the situation. Telling people who they can or cannot hire is little different from forcing them to exclude. Businesses should be able to hire who they want. Most businesses, I believe, want the highest qualified person regardless or their race or gender. Why? Because businesses want success because success breeds profit. If a business is going to play a discrimination game, they likely will end up going under because they won't be able to compete.

So yeah, an end to labeling people? I got no issues with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Affirmative Action ended...   If Affirmative Action ended... Empty

Back to top Go down

If Affirmative Action ended...
Page 1 of 1