CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Oz series by L. Frank Baum

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Oz series by L. Frank Baum Empty The Oz series by L. Frank Baum

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:52 am

Has anybody read these books? I find it interesting that anybody I tell about them, they all say the same thing, they didn't know there was a series of books, they thought there was just the one story they made the movie from. Well, it's not particularly easy to find all 15 stories, especially if you want the ones with the original illustrations in them...but if you can find them, I say it's well worth it, they're very good stories.

I've read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Marvelous Land of Oz, Ozma of Oz, Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz, The Road to Oz, and am now reading through The Emerald City of Oz, which interestingly enough L. Frank Baum intended to be the last Oz book he wrote but is only halfway through the series. Why nobody ever bothered making a movie out of these, I'll never know.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Oz series by L. Frank Baum Empty Re: The Oz series by L. Frank Baum

Post by Tony Marino Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:59 am

SN:
    My older sister had these books when we were kids and yes I read them all. The only one that sticks out in my mind was The Wizard of Oz. In the movie they totally leave a lot of stuff out, for instance the wicked witch before she sends out the winged monkeys she has to put a cap on and recite a chant and that brings the monkey's to her. In the movie if you look closely when the monkey's come, she is actually holding that cap in her hands but we never see her put it on or recite that chant. I remember while she was reciting the chant she had to stand on one foot. I was only about 8 years old when I read those books and that is the only thing I recall about them but I do remember the illustrations. My sister stupidly threw the books out.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:40 am

Stupidly indeed.

Also in the first book it explains why the munchkins thought Dorothy was a witch, preferably a good witch, because her dress was blue and white and blue is the color of the Munchkins and their land, and white is the color of a good witch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:01 pm