The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!

Go down 
+5
Impact
tmontyb
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Marc™
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! Empty
PostSubject: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 am

The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! Ronald_reagan

Thank you Ronnie for presiding over Reagen-nomics....AIDS....crack (complete with the condescending "Just Say No!" campaign your wife was running @ the same time)....the recession....and of course the stockmarket crash of '87.

I was but a wee willy wanker (didn't discover masturbation until Bush the 1st was in office) then, so I'm not old enough to remember much from those years besides Cosby, MJ, MTV and Max Headroom....but it sounds like it was a great time to be between the ages of 25 and 40!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 am

Yeah, that motherfucker was one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:10 am

*sighs I thank Reagan for actually being a president. Prolly the only president of the last 80 years who wasn't out to lunch for most of their term.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Yeah, he was. It was a great day when he left office.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:52 am

10 Things Conservatives Don’t Want You To Know About Ronald Reagan

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/05/reagan-centennial/

Glad I wasn't a tax payer when he was in office.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 am

^^^^Glad I wasn't a taxpayer before he was. FORGIVENESS MAN

I do think it speaks a lot that some people feel the need to insult Reagan for his birthday. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 am

Impact wrote:
10 Things Conservatives Don’t Want You To Know About Ronald Reagan

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/05/reagan-centennial/

I already knew those. Esp. the one about funding money to Iran. Him and Daddy Bush did the same thing with Sadaam Hussien. Interesting how they all despised him in his later years, but forget to mention they were all in bed together at one point. The Republican party is the total epitome of hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Impact wrote:
Glad I wasn't a tax payer when he was in office.

I was!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:38 pm

tmontyb wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

Yeah, he was. It was a great day when he left office.

Was it really?
The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! 080603_bushquayleasdfas
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 pm

^^^^ LOL, for real. Is it 'potato' or 'potatoe'?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Reagan was the greatest president of the modern era. Razz
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 pm

^ You would...
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 pm

^^^^No I wouldn't. Razz

Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

How the hell is someone who wasn't even alive at the time, and whose earliest life memories probably don't start until after Clinton's second term began, qualified to speak on Reaganomics? That is just comedy.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:39 pm

JM130ELM wrote:
How the hell is someone who wasn't even alive at the time, and whose earliest life memories probably don't start until after Clinton's second term began, qualified to speak on Reaganomics? That is just comedy.
The same reason so many modern people have all this admiration for FDR? FORGIVENESS MAN The same reason people like Lincoln?

I'm getting sick and tired of these ageist comments. The only "comedy" here is watching self-proclaimed tolerant people using a dead man's birthday as an excuse to verbally bash him and anybody who likes him.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm getting sick and tired of you deliberately taking the opposing stance on any and every position that you deem liberal or democratic just for the sake of being patronizing and "contrary". If people make "ageist" remarks to you, it's because you habitually make comments that're exceedingly callow.

Anyone who writes "Reagan was the greatest president of the modern era" is quite frankly a fool. The fact that you weren't even alive at the time makes your statement all the more phony. You have no idea what you're talking about. Few who were there look back on the politics of 1981-1988 with any kind of fondness.

No president demonstrated the sociopathic qualities of glittering like a diamond while at the same time consigning millions to poverty, racial hatred, death from a mysterious social disease that he refused to even acknowledge until a year before his final term ended, and the horrors of war. He set a precedent of transferring the powers of the judicial and legislative branches of government to the executive branch which has been growing exponentially ever since. He is gone but, sadly and tragically, not forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 pm

I don't take the opposing stance to be contrary. Get over yourself. I don't start these threads and your "contrary" comments just seem to promote following the status quo. People make ageist comments to me because they don't have logical ones to make. It's ironic that those belittling me for my age are the ones who throw temper tantrums and call you names when you say something they don't like.

You call me a fool for viewing things differently than you and I'm the callow one? Many look back fondly. And guess what? Most people are fond of presidents who presided over times prior to their birth, so the only phony comments here are yours.

That last paragraph is just plain, bitter nonsense. And you say I'm callow. boring

I'll say it again. The comedy of this thread is self-proclaimed tolerant people talking trash about a dead man on his Birthday and then getting all indignant when somebody dares to disagree. Talk about phony.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey come on...not everything sucked when Reagan was President. Iran released our people on the day he was inaugurated. Of course people are still suspicious about the timing of that.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Hey come on...not everything sucked when Reagan was President. Iran released our people on the day he was inaugurated. Of course people are still suspicious about the timing of that.

Very true....Oreo® Cookies ’n Cream was introduced at Baskin-Robbins during is time in office.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 am

Marc™ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

Very true....Oreo® Cookies ’n Cream was introduced at Baskin-Robbins during is time in office.

No doubt, no doubt......and Fat Frog ice cream bars were all the rage during that time too. I miss those.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:17 am

Marc™ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

I'd sooner give Reagen credit for New Coke.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:27 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:
Marc™ wrote:

I'd sooner give Reagen credit for New Coke.

Perchance by "credit" do you mean blame?
Back to top Go down
Dan70
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Dan70

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am

Massive tax cuts for the wealthy. It makes a statement when Reagen's own son is a noted critic of his administration and politics. The way he legitimized personal greed and cast deep suspicions on community service was despicable. He made everything about social elitism, and made no attempt to hide it. In the meantime he also broke a dam, and through that dam came Norquist, Gingrich, and a host of others who saw anyone working for the gov't as a 'hanger-on', while anyone working for his own personal profit was seen as a real American, growing the economy.

Reagen's presidency stunk in a lot of ways, in MOST ways actually. But in all fairness it was the very poor administration of Jimmy Carter before him that enabled that 12 year storm cloud of Reagen-Bush. In 1980, the country needed a political overhaul and Mr. Sly was able to pounce on that with all the right words and gestures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!   The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER! Empty

Back to top Go down

The 100th Birthday of the Greatest President..EVER!
Page 1 of 1