Animal Farm by George Orwell Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Go down 
+2
Nystyle709
Supernova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Animal Farm by George Orwell Empty
PostSubject: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Has anybody here read this book and if so, did you have to read it for school?

My school was very weird, after 8th grade there weren't anymore literary books to read for book reports, and when I did have them it was never anything good anyway, all stuff I was bored out of my mind with: Wuthering Heights, The Prince and the Pauper, Around the World in 80 Days, I couldn't get into any of that stuff, to me it was all crap. I didn't read anything good until I was out of school and checking it out for myself, and that's how I came across Animal Farm at the library. When I brought it home, my mother said she kept waiting for them to issue it to us at school because she'd had to read it when she went, and I'm guessing my sisters did too, but they passed us up for all the good classics.

But I digress, I found the book very interesting, and it does make you wonder what would it be like if animals could talk, and were capable of thinking like humans are, and they tried to take over.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Yep and yep. One of the few 'school' books that I actually enjoyed. Made a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
fastfred95
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
fastfred95

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Animal Farm is actually a fictional work against communism. The pigs represent the upper class with Napoleon being the czar. The basic premise of communism is that everyone works equally and is equal in the eyes of the party. But, as we all know, in real life the commissars gradually changed the rules to get an ever bigger piece of the pie for themselves.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:34 am

I read it in high school but got a much better understanding of it when I read it as an adult. I enjoyed it far more as an adult.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:33 am

I only read 1984 in school.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 am

I read it for school. Was interesting enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Farm by George Orwell   Animal Farm by George Orwell Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Page 1 of 1