CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Kral
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters

Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist? Empty Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist?

Post by Chris Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 am

[I'm on a roll with Jessica topics this morning]

I've read it pronounced at other forums that Robert is a rapist for having his way with Jessica (taking advantage of her when he knew she wasn't in her right mind, and distraught over Cristian.) Do you feel this makes him a 'rapist?'
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist? Empty Re: Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am

No I do not consider him a rapist. Jessica, while not in her right mind, was still a consenting adult when they slept together, its not like in reality she was actually a minor, what is she like 28 years old now? I see it as he took advantage of a situation and just went with it.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist? Empty Re: Do you consider Ford (Robert) a rapist?

Post by Kral Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I consider him a repugnant sleazebag for taking advantage of Jess when she was out of her mind, but I wouldn't label him as a "rapist". Which is why he hasn't been charged with anything.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:57 pm

He's not a rapist, just a scumbag.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 pm

He's a sleaze,but no rapist.Jessica did not have amnesia.She was not under the influence of an alter.She was completely aware that she was not a teen-age girl about to lose her virginity on Prom Night.I give Jess props for owning up to all of this and confessing
    the truth early on.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 pm

If Ford is a rapist for what he did to Jessica, then John is also a rapist. I've noticed how conveniently those calling Ford a rapist forget that John did the same thing to Natalie.

Ford was a total sleezebag for what he did to Jessica but I don't consider him a rapist. I consider John a total sleezebag, as well, only worse, because Ford actually felt bad for what he did, unlike John.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 pm

No Ford is not a rapist. He took advantage of her definitely and is a dog for it, but nothing he did constitutes rape. Only the narrow & self-righteous viewers try to push that argument. Rape is force, to which there was none.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:If Ford is a rapist for what he did to Jessica, then John is also a rapist. I've noticed how conveniently those calling Ford a rapist forget that John did the same thing to Natalie.

Ford was a total sleezebag for what he did to Jessica but I don't consider him a rapist. I consider John a total sleezebag, as well, only worse, because Ford actually felt bad for what he did, unlike John.

What does Ford have to do with John? John is nowhere close to a sleezbag.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 am

John was lying to Natalie when he slept with her. Had she known the truth - that Cristian was alive - she would not have slept with him, just as Jessica would not have slept with Ford had she been fully aware. Ford and John both took advantage of women who would not have slept with them under normal circumstances.

I do consider John a sleezebag, especially given his lack of remorse for the things he's done and the crimes he's committed. I find him a pretty disturbing character given his lack of remorse combined with the fact that he's never paid for any of his crimes.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male

Post by tmontyb Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:35 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:John was lying to Natalie when he slept with her. Had she known the truth - that Cristian was alive - she would not have slept with him, just as Jessica would not have slept with Ford had she been fully aware. Ford and John both took advantage of women who would not have slept with them under normal circumstances.

Hardly the same thing, but if that's the case I guess we have to throw Todd in that mix also. Who is the worst out of the three dare I ask?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 pm

tmontyb wrote:
    TSJFan4Ever wrote:John was lying to Natalie when he slept with her. Had she known the truth - that Cristian was alive - she would not have slept with him, just as Jessica would not have slept with Ford had she been fully aware. Ford and John both took advantage of women who would not have slept with them under normal circumstances.

Hardly the same thing, but if that's the case I guess we have to throw Todd in that mix also. Who is the worst out of the three dare I ask?

Much as I hate to say it, Todd was the worst for what he did to Marty with Powell and Zak.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 pm

tmontyb wrote:

But nobody disputes Todd's '93 rape of Marty. Razz That actually WAS rape. Nobody denies THAT. It's irrelevant.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male

Post by tmontyb Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:But nobody disputes Todd's '93 rape of Marty. Razz That actually WAS rape. Nobody denies THAT. It's irrelevant.

Catch up! I wasn't referring to THAT rape. Anyway, thank you for qualifying my comment. My whole point was it's irrelevant.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Brody made a comment today about how Ford practically raped Jessica. I just can't agree. He was sleazy and I'll even go so far as to say sexually predatory, but it still wasn't rape. At least not the way it was presented (but who knows, the way it was shown no sex actually happened at all.)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 pm

tmontyb wrote:

Catch up! I wasn't referring to THAT rape. Anyway, thank you for qualifying my comment. My whole point was it's irrelevant.
    Well that wasn't rape either. Marty was a consenting adult. If every time a person has sex with somebody lying to them was rape, then the men of Llanview are constantly being raped. I don't cheapen rape by lowering it's definition to such weak terms. Todd did not re-rape Marty. Ford did not rape Jessica. And so on...
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah - what Ford did was sleezy but it certainly wasn't rape anymore than what John did to Natalie. If Ford's a rapist, John is one, too. It's interesting to see how Ford haters will thrown around that Ford raped Jessica, and yet they'll defend John. I don't consider what John did rape, nor do I consider what Ford did rape - sleezy on both their parts and dishonest, but not rape.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:38 pm