CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
6 posters

Do you ever read in the bathroom?

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Do you ever read in the bathroom? Empty Do you ever read in the bathroom?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi all,

Okay, this is kind of a kooky question, but do you ever read while you're trying to get the job done?

I never do. I have a working woman's attitude about it - I'm sent in there to do a job and I do it! Not to mention I need all my strength and concentration. And I'd also have a bad association with the book from thenceforth. I think I'd think of it as "Ew, the bathroom book!"

shit
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you ever read in the bathroom? Empty Re: Do you ever read in the bathroom?

Post by Shale Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Same here. I don't spend much time in the BR. Get in, get done, get out.

No time to sit on hard cold porcelain and read.

Altho I have been in friends houses that have a magazine rack by the toilet.
    eye roll
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm

It's my Fortress of Solitude! Sometimes I forget myself and my legs fall asleep. That's the one place I read those supermarket tabloids my wife sometimes brings home. In case I run out of TP.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Never understood that. When I'm taking a dump, I'm not relaxed enough to wanna read and I like to get in and get out (if I know I'm gonna be in there for awhile, that only means that it's a bad). I don't casually linger on the bowl to sit there and thumb through a magazine.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:42 am

I read in the tub. My Mom used to just shake her head when she'd see me disappear into the bathroom with a stack of books. I'd sit in the tub and soak and enjoy a good book - still love doing that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:03 am

Yeah I read in the tub, which is actually how I got through a large part of The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned and The Tale of the Body Thief. Some days that's the only way to get any reading done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 am