Parents Bribing Their Kids Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents Bribing Their Kids

Go down 
+2
RedBedroom
CatEyes10736
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Parents Bribing Their Kids Empty
PostSubject: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:26 pm

What do you think of parents using bribery to get their kids to fall in line. I don't mean rewarding them for a job well done, but instead offering them favors to get them to do certain things.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 pm

It is a pretty awful idea. I have heard from more than one woman that the kid(s) get a treat when behaving in a store. That is insane. Why should expected behaviors be rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:00 pm

I can understand doing it out of frustration because the kid is just being a brat but it’s the wrong message to send and can set a bad precedent. Better to threaten to take something away if they misbehave instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Perhaps not a good idea in the long run. However, my mother did bribe us kids with cookies to get us to become potty trained. We were all potty trained at three.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 pm

A while back somebody had the bright idea that kids should be bribed just to show up at school on time, never mind actually pulling their grades up, to which everybody was asking why the hell should they get paid to do what they have to do anyway? And just WHERE would that money be coming from to bribe all of them? No, it just doesn't fly with me.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Perhaps not a good idea in the long run. However, my mother did bribe us kids with cookies to get us to become potty trained. We were all potty trained at three.

I see that more as a reward for a good job and not so much a bribe. Unless you want to look at it like she was bribing you all to stop shitting yourselves big grin
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

I see that more as a reward for a good job and not so much a bribe. Unless you want to look at it like she was bribing you all to stop shitting yourselves Parents Bribing Their Kids 372971

Nah, it was a straight bribe. Remember the little porta potties for babies? The one that sat in the bathroom right next to the real toilet. Well, we....my brother actually....were bringing that *shit* directly to her. Anytime of the day or night. We wanted to make sure she knew and directly showed her the evidence. "Look Mommy, I went to the bathroom!" My brother used to bring it out in front of company. It was hilarious. But we always got our cookies. Parents Bribing Their Kids 372971
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 pm

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
My brother used to bring it out in front of company. It was hilarious. But we always got our cookies. Parents Bribing Their Kids 372971

I can imagine her company thinking to themselves, "Well...those kids must like corn." Wink
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:
My brother used to bring it out in front of company. It was hilarious. But we always got our cookies. Parents Bribing Their Kids 372971

I can imagine her company thinking to themselves, "Well...those kids must like corn." Wink

We did eat a lot of corn! That was him though. It didn't take that much to potty train me. Smile
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 am

I think it kind of depends on the situation. I got an allowance for doing my chores, which is pretty routine for a kid, but other than that the only other money I got as a child (other than birthdays) was if I brought home a good report card. I don't see a problem with it, it worked for me - nobody dropped dead because of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents Bribing Their Kids   Parents Bribing Their Kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents Bribing Their Kids
Page 1 of 1