CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

The Stand miniseries (Stephen King)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Stand miniseries (Stephen King) Empty The Stand miniseries (Stephen King)

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:12 pm

So I guess this is where we come to talk about miniseries, right? Has anybody seen the Stephen King miniseries, The Stand? I have never managed to see the whole thing, every time it comes on I try to catch it but barely make it into the first 2 hour episode, I've hardly seen anything past Part 1, The Plague.

From what I've seen of it though, I like it, and I find it funny that Ruby Dee plays Mother Abigail a 106 year old woman in this, and she has also played Bessie Delany in the movie Having Our Say, based on the Delany sisters, Bessie of which lived to be 105. Go figure.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Stand miniseries (Stephen King) Empty Re: The Stand miniseries (Stephen King)

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm

I saw it, I remember Rob Lowe being in it, his first acting job after his sex scandal and he was very good in it. It must have been good or I would not have watched the whole thing.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Stand miniseries (Stephen King) Empty Re: The Stand miniseries (Stephen King)

Post by Chris Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I saw it, I remember Rob Lowe being in it, his first acting job after his sex scandal and he was very good in it. It must have been good or I would not have watched the whole thing.

I think I saw that. He played a mute, right?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Chris wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I saw it, I remember Rob Lowe being in it, his first acting job after his sex scandal and he was very good in it. It must have been good or I would not have watched the whole thing.

Honestly Chris, I remember very little about it, he may have been.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 pm

^^Yes. I've seen The Stand, The Tommyknockers, It, Storm of the Century, The Shining, "Salem's Lot, The Langoliers.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Honestly Chris, I remember very little about it, he may have been.

Well this was a VERY long time ago, but to answer yes, he played a deaf mute named Nick Andros. There was something about his role and Stu's role were originally going to be reversed or one of them was going to be anyway. I think they made the better choice doing it as they did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:27 am