CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Double indemnity clause in wills

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Double indemnity clause in wills Empty Double indemnity clause in wills

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Since we're on the topic of wills...would you or do you have a double indemnity clause in your will that if you die by accident or murder, the insurance policy doubles?

Anybody who's seen that movie with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck has probably wondered why they exist and if they're truly worth that risk...money can make people do strange things and to know that the money could double under certain circumstances, if I DID have a clause like that in my will, I would NOT tell my family, or anyone, let them find out WHEN I die, not let it be a contributing factor to how and why I die.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Double indemnity clause in wills Empty Re: Double indemnity clause in wills

Post by Shale Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm

I have a good chance of dying in the next couple of decades, yet I have no life insurance or will. As for life insurance, with no young family or kids then there is no reason.

Now my stepdaughter knows that she is "in trust for" on my bank accounts that have a few thousand in them. (Not really worth the risk of bumping someone off)

My daughter is supposed to come clean out my apartment, and dispose of some of my personal possessions as written in a pretend "will" - but if she doesn't I refer to the bottom line of that will. "It ain't my problem."

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:54 pm