CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
femme fatale
7 posters

Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? Empty Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

Post by femme fatale Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:38 am

Do you think small kids 10 & Under can get as much enjoyment out of Xmas and Easter NOT buying into the mythical Santa Clause and Easter Bunny characters as the kids that do? It's a sweet fantasy for them but I think they can and wonder if I would bother playing that game with them. Thoughts?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? Empty Re: Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 am

Eh I dunno. Fantasy seems harmless enough but maybe you can spin it. (My Dad said he shot the Easter Bunny. Razz )
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? Empty Re: Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 am

Let them believe in them, I recall when I was that young that it was very exciting thinking about Santa coming to deliver me my toys and games and to leave him cookies and milk before I went to bed.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 am

Santa Clause, I totally placate. I think that's something that parents and kids can get into, and it only makes the season more spirited. That 'Easter Bunny' stuff, though, no. A little too flaky, IMO.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am

I agree about the Bunny, it is a bit peculiar to think of a big bunny hopping into your home to deliver a basket of candy. The tooth fairy is another weird one, if I had a kid I would never even bring that one up.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 am

Tony Marino wrote:I agree about the Bunny, it is a bit peculiar to think of a big bunny hopping into your home to deliver a basket of candy. The tooth fairy is another weird one, if I had a kid I would never even bring that one up.

That is a good one. My daughter believed in the tooth fairy up until the time she was about six. After that, when the tooth came out, I just went ahead and gave her the dollar. I'm not going to creep in her room late at night trying to fritter around with her pillow to grab that tooth to throw away.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 am

I'll just tell my kids about St. Nicholas. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:I'll just tell my kids about St. Nicholas. Wink

Come on lil bro you still believe in Santa don't you?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:09 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:I'll just tell my kids about St. Nicholas. Wink

I believe that Saint Nicholas was a man who actually existed and who our modern idea of Santa Clause is based on. I also believe that said guy has been dead for over 1500 years, hence the canonized saint part. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:11 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

I believe that Saint Nicholas was a man who actually existed and who our modern idea of Santa Clause is based on. I also believe that said guy has been dead for over 1500 years, hence the canonized saint part. Wink

What you are saying is quite true and I go along with you on this one. Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? 56354 Should children believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? 2650583631
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:25 am

^^^^We agree for once? FORGIVENESS MAN
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:48 am

femme fatale wrote:Do you think small kids 10 & Under can get as much enjoyment out of Xmas and Easter NOT buying into the mythical Santa Clause and Easter Bunny characters as the kids that do? It's a sweet fantasy for them but I think they can and wonder if I would bother playing that game with them. Thoughts?

I think kids should be kids. There is nothing wrong with them believing in either of those characters.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:58 am

My kids believe in Santa Clause but we've never seriously played out the Easter Bunny. They know he's a joke.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am

I always felt a little bad about basically lying to my daughter about Santa Clause but wasn't going to deprive her of that part of childhood. We had a close call early on though after she noticed that some of her presents from Santa and Mom and Dad were wrapped in the same paper. After that, we used separate gift wrap. I forget at what age the "Santa Clause virus" went around. One kid learns the the real deal and winds up infecting others with the truth. When Ally found out we made it seem like now she knew a grown-up secret and she shouldn't spoil it for the little kids. I don't remember what the deal with the Easter Bunny was. My father told me that when I was about 6, I asked him if it did exist. He asked what I thought. He said I told him no. Why? Because it didn't make sense that a rabbit should go around leaving chicken eggs. He said OK but asked me not to tell my mother. Not that I didn't believe in him but that he didn't exist. Here's a question. At what age would you start to be uncomfortable that your child still believes in S.C.?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:52 pm