CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Sweethearts of '60s TV by Ronald L. Smith

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sweethearts of '60s TV by Ronald L. Smith Empty Sweethearts of '60s TV by Ronald L. Smith

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 am

They had this one on display at the library, anybody else's do that? They take certain books and stick them on the side of the shelf to get people's attention...anyway, I thought it'd be a fun read so I picked it up, and I'm about a third of the way through it so far, and it's a very good book. It has a lot of facts about 60s TV women (Mary Tyler Moore, Eva Gabor, Sally Field, Goldie Hawn, etc.) that most people probably don't know about, like Elizabeth Montgomery playing Lizzie Borden (who was her cousin as it turns out!) in a TV movie and committing the murders in the NUDE! (Too bad you can't find that movie anywhere!)

Has anyone else read this one?
    alissain
    alissain
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Sweethearts of '60s TV by Ronald L. Smith Empty Re: Sweethearts of '60s TV by Ronald L. Smith

Post by alissain Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:03 am

No, but it sounds like something I would read! I remember the movie with Elizabeth Montgomery and she was fabulous in it. She could have been a serious actress given the time to be alive and opportunity. I need to check that either in Barnes & Noble or on the Amazon Kindle site.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:06 am