Going where you're not wanted... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going where you're not wanted...

Go down 
+3
Chris
RedBedroom
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Going where you're not wanted... Empty
PostSubject: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 am

Okay so the title is probably misleading, as everybody probably knows, I came here from IMDb, and they have boards for all movies, and also for stuff like politics, religion, etc. Now the religion board is I'd say 95% made up of people who think all religion is stupid and fairy tales and ANYBODY who has any beliefs in a higher power of any sort are brainwashed fundies and idiots and belittle said posters with beliefs every single chance they get.

My question, for WHAT reason would a bunch of atheists overtake a religion board of all places? Especially since despite their claims that 'we're open minded but that doesn't mean we blindly believe everything we're told' (which in reality equates to they absolutely will NOT even entertain the smallest notion that they could possibly be wrong about anything, because sabes que, they got science on their side, science which has no more answers to how everything started than any religion but because it's science it's automatically right) they only post on the board to ridicule anybody who does have any faith or belief. What's the point in that?

Now I've gone on boards where I was not welcome but I went with legitimate reasons, I wasn't there just for the hell of it of 'oh look at how stupid the people this board was made for are, ha ha ha, and I'm so smart, they're all wrong and I'M right and that makes me open minded, la la la' like these morons are.

You know what? I say people will ALWAYS disagree on what's right and what's the answer, but if we ARE supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo evolved, then people can figure out a way to discuss it like rational adults instead of like stupid children 'I'm right, you're wrong, la la la, you're sooo stupid and I know everything my science tells me, la la la'. Anybody with me on this one?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 am

I visit IMDb as well. Troll city. I say this with a kind heart...it should not surprise you that the religion board there is full of people who claim to be Atheist.

Ass hat users there go to television show and movie boards just to say things about how stupid fans are for liking what-have-you. The same troll variety love nothing more than to attack a person's faith and the religion board there provides a troll's dream platform.

Now, I am not generalizing Atheists, just saying that I think that negative posters there who say stupid things are probably just trying to get a rise out of folks and are perhaps not even Atheists.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 am

One thing's for sure, whether or not these nuts are serious and really believe the crap they're saying, they do a good job to give atheists a bad name.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 am

Oh, I am sure they do. I wouldn't touch the IMDb religion board with a ten foot pole. I can only imagine what is being spewed there and that even many people who believe what they claim to don't tout their beliefs in a constructive manner most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

I agree with Red; sometimes the anonymity of the Internet is just too compelling for some people to not unleash their sixth grade mentality. Especially somewhere like IMDb, where there is no moderation (just automated moderator bots.) I tend to steer clear of any forum (religion, music, politics, etc., etc.) there that's for *general* discussion. Sometimes I am curious enough to read a thread or so, but I hardly ever park it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 am

I don't even both going to IMDb politics or religion boards. The movie and TV boards are juvenile enough. lol Plus, there are too many people there. Razz IMDb is like a freaking troll magnet.

It doesn't surprise me that atheists would overtake a religion board though.

Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:37 am

I didn't even know imdb has a religion board. The other ones are bad enough. These days if I go there it's just to see what people are saying about a movie or show I just watched or am interested in seeing. But I haven't participated in a while now.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

never been to IMDb, an probably never will
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 am

cheaps wrote:

It's a good resource for film, television and actor information; it's the posting forums that are sometimes a trolls orgy.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Chris wrote:
cheaps wrote:

It's a good resource for film, television and actor information; it's the posting forums that are sometimes a trolls orgy.

maybe i can go there, when i post in the actor/character association game.. cuz sometimes i'm truly stumped and don't know who them older actor/actresses are Wink
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm

cheaps wrote:
Chris wrote:

maybe i can go there, when i post in the actor/character association game.. cuz sometimes i'm truly stumped and don't know who them older actor/actresses are Wink

It's a very good resource for something like that.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 pm

It's funny, I remember when I first discovered IMDb; I think I stayed up all night looking up all the TV shows and films (old and recent) that I could think of, to read up on them. Like I said, it really is a great resource for film and television stats, as well as actor resumes. Studios and casting agents use it when they go to cast actors. But, yeah, the forums (especially the broader, general boards) are overrun with people who have too good a time abusing being incognito. It's the reason why they started having users authenticate their accounts with a credit card in order to post.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Chris wrote:
It's funny, I remember when I first discovered IMDb; I think I stayed up all night looking up all the TV shows and films (old and recent) that I could think of, to read up on them. Like I said, it really is a great resource for film and television stats, as well as actor resumes. Studios and casting agents use it when they go to cast actors. But, yeah, the forums (especially the broader, general boards) are overrun with people who have too good a time abusing being incognito. It's the reason why they started having users authenticate their accounts with a credit card in order to post.

I did the same thing the first time I discovered IMDB!

The general boards, especially the Soapbox, are just awful. I bet out of 20 posts there, only 2 or 3 are legit and not trollish.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 am

I've often wondering about that, too, Super - not so much with IMDB but with religious boards in general. If you're an atheist, why work so hard to try and convince other people they're wrong. ITA with what you about how some of these supposedly open-minded folks are actually quite close-minded. I've seen a few comments on IMDB when looking at movies and it's enough for me to steer VERY clear of the message boards themselves.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
I've often wondering about that, too, Super - not so much with IMDB but with religious boards in general. If you're an atheist, why work so hard to try and convince other people they're wrong. ITA with what you about how some of these supposedly open-minded folks are actually quite close-minded. I've seen a few comments on IMDB when looking at movies and it's enough for me to steer VERY clear of the message boards themselves.

I think it's just the nature of some people. No matter what board you're on there will be someone there to tell everyone how much a movie, tv show or actor sucks. Someone always has to be confrontational, contradictory or just a general pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am

^^^^The Super 8 board currently has a lot of them. I don't even think many saw the movies because nothing in their so-called reviews really is anything you had to have seen the movie to write.

IMDb is just a troll magnet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going where you're not wanted...   Going where you're not wanted... Empty

Back to top Go down

Going where you're not wanted...
Page 1 of 1