Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?

Go down 
+8
MandyPerfumeGirl
Shale
Nystyle709
Supernova
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:30 am

Just like record stores, video stores, and other retail outlets are facing competition from, and going under because of, online transactions – do you think that the U.S. postal service will eventually suffer because of the Internet as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 am

I think that there will be a lot of post offices closed but not extinct.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 am

Eventually, perhaps but I’d be surprised if it happened in my life time although I’ve tried to lighten their burden by going “paperless” when I can. When you consider what the bulk of what you receive in your mailbox is these days, it doesn’t make much sense to have it delivered manually when it could get to you much more efficiently electronically. Still, I would miss getting birthday and Christmas cards that I can hold in my hand. cries
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:52 am

I'm not sure about extinct but I do think it will be significantly downsized. They say they're losing money because of email & the internet but then they continue to pass the cost off onto the consumer. Stamps have gotten ridiculous & as they keep asking for & getting increases I think people will turn more to their computers. I see the post office taking on a role similar to UPS & FedEx. Fewer cards & letters & more package delivery. Those things being ordered online have to be delivered by someone. But I don't think they will ever be what they were at one time.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am

We're one of those people who relies HEAVILY on the post office and the daily mail, we don't bank online, we don't send email cards to people, and we take all our packages to the post office to mail out. If they would ever close, I don't know what we'd do.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 pm

CeCe wrote:
I'm not sure about extinct but I do think it will be significantly downsized. They say they're losing money because of email & the internet but then they continue to pass the cost off onto the consumer. Stamps have gotten ridiculous & as they keep asking for & getting increases I think people will turn more to their computers. I see the post office taking on a role similar to UPS & FedEx. Fewer cards & letters & more package delivery. Those things being ordered online have to be delivered by someone. But I don't think they will ever be what they were at one time.

Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? 35166 . I know I personally still use the post office on a regular basis. I send packages and stuff to my mom and sister all the time.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm

My local post office has screwed me over so many times in the last decade that I relish the day that we find an alternative to it. But, it will continue raising prices to pay its slackers who misdeliver or lose my mail & destroy packages that I send or are sent to me.

I don't have much respect for the USPS at all, and do as much of my bills as I can online.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't think the Postal Service is going to be extinct anytime soon. Maybe eventually, but not anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't think they'll ever be extinct, because companies love to send out invoices and bills too much....but like everything the Internet has made more convenient to do at home, post offices too will become less important with time.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm

More post offices may close but for as long as packages need to be shipped, the postal service will keep its relevance.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:10 pm

I doubt it will ever be extinct, but it will change. I think that it won't be too many years and it will be just as costly to mail a package via USPS as it is FedEx or UPS. Stamps keep going up and so it is going to force companies to cease snail mail invoices without charging the invoice recipients to pay a surcharge for the service. It is not cheap to snail mail an invoice. It takes postage and man hours. Companies are not going to eat that cost forever as stamps rise in cost.

I am a big believer in the need to cut a day (Wednesday) from postal service. They need to cut costs and that is an obvious choice. The world isn't going to cease to exist if we end one more day of mail service.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 am

No matter how common the Internet becomes, there's always gonna be some who don't have it. I think the postal service will always be relevant in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?   Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the U.S. postal service is next to be extinct?
Page 1 of 1