Body odor in public Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Body odor in public

Go down 
+7
Jason B.
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
Shale
stonestatic
Alan Smithee
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Body odor in public Empty
PostSubject: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:31 am

I heard a story about actor Keanu Reeves–who is said to be notorious for having a strong body odor–once eating a restaurant, with his stench apparently so loud that other patrons were complaining, and management ultimately demanding that he leave.

Do you think that businesses (including employers) should have the right to ask someone to leave if the person exudes a body odor that is considered 'rank'?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am

If it's bad enough, yes. Unless the person has some medical condition I don't see why they shouldn’t respect other's sensibilities up to a point. I don’t mean they should be required to douse themselves in perfume or cologne (that can be a problem at the other end of the stink spectrum) or apply chemicals to their arm pits. Just take a bath before you go out. If by 5 PM you reek bad enough to make people think something died, find a restroom and wash your pits again.
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 am

Yes. B.O. is a sign of bad hygiene, and that shouldn't be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think that businesses (including employers) should have the right to ask someone to leave if the person exudes a body odor that is considered 'rank'?

No, but that is my prejudice which, as usual, runs counter to the majority culture in the U.S. (If France didn't have cold winters and a language impossible for me to learn I would be living there.)

My prejudice is that I enjoy the smell of natural armpits. I see it for what it is; a natural signaling device for sexuality (or other anxiety) and one which our culture has deemed unpleasant, possibly for the same reason as our other puritan concepts of sexual, that it is nasty.

Here for those who read more than a tweet, is an article that got published in a naturist magazine, and garnered some controversy even there.

http://home.earthlink.net/~robwrites/id10.html

alan smithee wrote:
... I don’t mean they should be required to douse themselves in perfume or cologne (that can be a problem at the other end of the stink spectrum) or apply chemicals to their arm pits. ...
Yes, that is a problem for many of us. I must have a keen sense of smell and artificial fragrances that our culture so wastes money on makes me actually want to stop breathing.

I have thrown away so many cans of spray that my coworkers use in the bathroom that leak into the office, making breathing difficult for me. To tell the truth, shit has been with us forever. Our culture has assigned it to be a bad smell but our noses accept the smell as natural and adjusted to it for millions of years. However, who knows what chemicals are in those perfumes and "air fresheners" that we assault everyone's lungs with.

Srsly, some co-workers come in and I can smell them 10 feet away and sit there breathing shallowly until they and their stink leave. It does not even smell good to me, but more like bug spray. I can smell the underlying chemicals more than the desired fragrance. So, if you are talking about offensive odors, those artificial ones that most ppl misuse should be addressed before the natural odor of our species.

stonestatic wrote:
Yes. B.O. is a sign of bad hygiene, and that shouldn't be tolerated.

NO!

First we have to define what Body Odor is. Are you talking about the rancid, dead meat smell that someone with actual poor hygiene emits? Or are you talking about underarm odor, which is the natural smell of our species and is accepted by many cultures outside the United States (and probably Canada as well).

A person can be perfectly clean but if he does not take special procedures to deodorize his underarms he will have that familiar and natural odor. (Which I really enjoy on those few brave ppl who have it and if that is the "offending" odor on Keanu Reeves, I doubt that I could contain myself.)
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey I work at a gym and know all about b.o. The workout floor can sometimes be haze of musk. I'm not a PT so I don't have to inhale that often when I'm on the clock and fortunately there are showers, but all the time we get complaints from members about how foul the stink in certain areas is up there. As for the question . . . if ONE persons odor is so overwhelming the air and making others uncomfortable, then they should leave or do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Y

E

S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 pm

If their smell is so offensive that it becomes a distraction for everyone else then yes I do think they should leave.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

This thread reminds me of a story. Once I was at work and a co-worker and me were talking and this other co-worker who was an older man and sat near us passed gas. Out of nowhere the smell hit us and the guy I was talking to looked over at the guy and asked him point blank if he passed gas. The older guy had this embarrassed look on his face and meekly admitted to it. Then the co-worker I was talking to went into the bottom drawer of his desk, pulled out a can of Lysol air freshener and condescendingly sprayed it in his direction. It was rude but funny.
Back to top Go down
DrDante
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DrDante

Male
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Hell to the yes! B.O. is just No Bueno! And I stand behind that. If I'm out to eat, I better be smiling at the smell of my sushi and not frowning at the smell of someone's coochie. It's not kosher. I think it's really common courtesy, and just because Mr. Reeves has been stuck in the matrix doesn't mean we all have to suffer. damn.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Certain business should have the right to ask a person to leave or clean up. Really, if it happens in a retail setting, how long do other patrons really have to deal with it? So, it would be unfair for a person to ask management to remove a customer with offensive body odor. But, the amendment I make to that is that a person manning a changing room should have the right to offer a towelette to a person about to try on clothes. I had that discussion with friends of my step daughter who worked mall retail. Made me want to never try clothes on again.

Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 pm

If it's THAT bad, I guess so. I can't imagine it being that bad though...Maybe I'm naive or don't have a sensitive nose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body odor in public   Body odor in public Empty

Back to top Go down

Body odor in public
Page 1 of 1