Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised

Go down 
+9
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
punkrockprincess07
Marc™
RedBedroom
TPP
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:14 am

If you were having a child right now, would you rather their conception have been a surprise to you, or something that was planned?

If you have children; were they planned, or was it a 'ready or not' type of situation? (My situation was the latter.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 am

People cause accidents and accidents cause people. But my daughter was planned. I wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

I'm kind of torn, on one hand it should be at a time when you're somewhat ready and prepared, but like schoolteachers planning theirs out so it happens when they're out for the summer or something like that...my mother brought that one up and her comment was 'how romantic' Bullshit, to have to plan it out that specifically so your child didn't interfere with your job.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:59 am

My first, second, and third were planned. My fourth and fifth were the result of me wanting another baby, my husband not wanting another baby but knowing that he always wants them once they are conceived so we compromised by pulling out (sorry, tmi) and apparently that method isn't effective for us OR my wishes are super strong, lol because we ended up with twins from ONE time of that.

I wasn't expecting twins though...

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

My son was not planned. And that is just the way it was. The one thing I will probably regret in life is not having a pregnancy that is filled with a lot of joy because mine was not. Until he got here, of course. And though it was not an easy pregnancy, I knew that whole time that once I held my baby, it wouldn't all seem that bad. And I was right. But it sure would be nice to have a planned pregnancy where money is not an issue and I could relax and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm

My twins were definitely not planned.....definitely not.

Far as planned pregnancies vs accidents surprises go, I'm cool with being OPEN to having kids (if it's happens it happens)....but I don't like the idea of TRYING. Reading books on fertility and every time we have sex, we're crossing our fingers. That seems too frustrating. I'd rather be surprised in a good head space.
Back to top Go down
punkrockprincess07
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
punkrockprincess07

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

I do not have any children, but when I do, I would like for it to be planned. I would like to have everything in my life together before I decide to bring kids into this world.
Back to top Go down
http://prettyoddjess.tumblr.com
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 pm

I'll plan my children by controlling when I will or will not place an order for one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Marc™ wrote:

Far as planned pregnancies vs accidents surprises go, I'm cool with being OPEN to having kids (if it's happens it happens)....but I don't like the idea of TRYING. Reading books on fertility and every time we have sex, we're crossing our fingers. That seems too frustrating. I'd rather be surprised in a good head space.

For the most part. I don't think I'll ever plan my pregnancy. That shit is going to come as a total surprised, even if I'm married.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Well - I want to adopt, so those kids will definitely be planned, though their actual arrival won't be as planned. I'd like to plan for biologically kids, but surprises are nice, too.

As for teachers planning babies around summer? I think it's great because it gives them extra time with their children. Most teachers have 1 year of mat leave, so having a child at the beginning of summer means an extra two months with your child. I've never known a teacher to plan a child in the summer because she doesn't want it to interfere with her career. It has more to do with being able to spend those extra two months with your baby. Having 1 year of mat leave is going to disrupt your teaching no matter when you have your baby, so why not give yourself an extra two months to be home with the baby, if you can.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Marc™ wrote:

My pregnancy came about like that. I wanted kids and slowly convinced my BF to jump on the bandwagon of being "open" to it happening, but we weren't trying when it finally happened.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 am

I have 3 kids and none were planned. They were all conceived by "accident", although none of them are.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:32 pm

punkrockprincess07 wrote:
I do not have any children, but when I do, I would like for it to be planned. I would like to have everything in my life together before I decide to bring kids into this world.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

bump
Chris, looking back, do you think by starting this topic you jinxed yourself tempted fate?
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 am

Not sure - I would just be happy to be having a baby!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised   Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised
Page 1 of 1