CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
RobbieFTW
TPP
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Chris
Shale
RedBedroom
Jason B.
14 posters

Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids Empty Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids

Post by Jason B. Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am

Do you think that the courts should order fathers to spend time with kids the same way they order them to pay child support?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids Empty Re: Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 am

No way. If a father has to be ordered to spend time with the kid, then his heart isn't going to be in it at all. As a mother, I couldn't imagine sending my son off with anyone who was ordered to take care of him.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids Empty Re: Should fathers be ordered by the courts to spend time with their kids

Post by Shale Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

RedBedroom wrote:No way. If a father has to be ordered to spend time with the kid, then his heart isn't going to be in it at all. ... I couldn't imagine sending my son off with anyone who was ordered to take care of him.
    co-signs You said all that needs to be said on that question Blue Cool

Last edited by Shale on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 am

Absolutely not. If a man hasn't the desire to hang out, teach, help raise, spend quality time with their kids on his own child, then the forced time allotted will be spent doing what? A kid shouldn't ever feel like the space they occupy is full of resentful tolerance.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm

I would never be comfortable with any child whose parent is being forced to spend time with them. Some really bad potential going on there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Ditto all of the above. I'm not even sure judges have the legal authority to do it anyway.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Hell no, if he is that much of a jerk then its better for him to stay away from the kids.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't think it's fair that the mother is the one who gets stuck with the child. Why does the man get to leave if the woman doesn't.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Rockbird wrote:I don't think it's fair that the mother is the one who gets stuck with the child. Why does the man get to leave if the woman doesn't.

Women do it too. My husband's ex left her two kids (by two different dads who are not him) on the porch of a crack house at two am, then called him up and said that if he loved the girls he'd better go pick them up.

He did, she hasn't seen them since. Luckily an aunt stepped up right before they were put into foster care with strangers. Now they are both teen moms.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Rockbird wrote:I don't think it's fair that the mother is the one who gets stuck with the child. Why does the man get to leave if the woman doesn't.

It most certainly isn't just the fathers that leave. That is why so many grandparents are raising grandkids and why the foster care system is so full.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 pm

No way. . . i don't think a child should have to be bothered with any parent that doesn't want them or has to be forced to spend time with them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Nope. Better to have the Dad not involved than forced to be with the kid.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 am

No. All that is is a recipe for abuse or indirect neglect. The system can legislate a deadbeat dad having to pay up, but can't make them give a damn.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 am

A kid would be better off without a dad than having one who is forced to mime the part.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:34 am

I always said I couldn't leave my husband because I liked him too much to stick him with the kids. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:39 am