Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?

Go down 
+8
Shale
Forgiveness Man
SuperVixenXo
Impact
Chris
TPP
RobbieFTW
RedBedroom
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? Empty
PostSubject: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 am

In my case, my guy doesn't get it at all. He actually thinks it is pretty strange that I post online to people I will never meet.

His doesn't go online, but had me show him a motocross message board one time, and he read wrong info there and said, "Why would people lie on the Internet?"

Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 am

Was one of those who didnt get messages myself (This is one of the very few i post at.) They all just looked like a bunch of cluttered words and are easy to dismiss when you stumble across one . . . but once you start reading them, its crazy how fast you can get hooked.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 am

My husband doesn't get it at all. He doesn't even have Facebook or email! He gets on CL sometimes but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:07 am

TPP, you could put a gun to my guy's head, and he would not at all know how to get on CL.

I do all his marketing for the business, and he has never wanted to partake in the online part of business...damn, wish he banked online...
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 am

For the most part, they don't. Over the years I have tried to put a number of my friends onto the various message boards I read/posted at, but most were apathetic. I haven't invited any of them to post here, because I know that many just wouldn't be interested. I think when it comes to message boards, the individual has to (as Robbie said) 'stumble upon' one for themselves to really get how addictive they can be. Recommending a message board to someone who isn't into them can be like leading a horse to water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 am

No. A huge part of my online time at one point was various boards and many people don't get the appeal. Once my mom snooped over my shoulder while I was on the Internet probably thinking I was looking at something questionable. She was befuddled to see that it was just a music msg forum.
Back to top Go down
SuperVixenXo
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
SuperVixenXo

Female
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

Most of the people in my life do.
My sister is on here obviously as well as one of my friends.
My brother goes on various forums as well.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:03 am

I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 am

I think I would feel kind of strange if somebody I knew read my message board posts. I am 100% honest on any message board and use examples from real life, and I wouldn't want somebody to read all that and either wonder if I was talking about them or wonder who I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:20 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I think I would feel kind of strange if somebody I knew read my message board posts. I am 100% honest on any message board and use examples from real life, and I wouldn't want somebody to read all that and either wonder if I was talking about them or wonder who I was talking about.

That is why you are RedBedroom and why I am Shale Stone. I have let my real name out here, usually on some pic or link to one of my Rob Webpages, but never type it for search engines to find every little thing I might be saying on a forum board. My Rob name is fairly unique to me and a second cousin so it does show up in searches.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 am

The guy that owns hunting land adjacent to my dad's land told me last time I saw him that he had googled me and my son and then he had a ton of questions about what he found. Nothing scandalous, mostly stuff related to my son's sport. But being asked questions like that was a very strange thing.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:43 am

Oh, Rob is quite out there too.

Yahoo search does me more than Google for some reason - including all my letters to the editor, which are posted online, to my history of nudist and gay writings as well as my own Websites.

Also a DSC link with numbers that when you click it shows me and Bern Loibl (publisher of Naturally magazine) standing full frontal at the nude beach. I had been published many times in his magazines and this was a commemorative first meeting. Didn't realize the whole film strip would be on the Web. That one surprised me - and no doubt anyone else who may be searching me. big grin
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 pm

From time to time my sister has ribbed me about my forum and blog obsession. I echo Robbie's sentiments about the person sometimes needing to discover them for themselves to 'get' it. Message boards can be like a reality show that seems silly or uninteresting on the commercial, but once you're lured into watching it is addictive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

My wife and I both belong to many message boards and have for 12 years. It's one of our hobbies as yard sales are also a hobby. We have different interests so I belong to several boards she has no interest in and she belongs to several I'll never visit. Most of our friends have no interest in computers much less message boards. Different strokes for different folks.

cool dance
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I think I'm the only I know who really does it. Although I've never even bothered to ask any of my friends/family.
Back to top Go down
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 am

Remarkable isn't it? I'm in B.C., you are in New York; we are strangers to one another, yet we communicate freely about all sorts of mutual interest. We really aren't so different even though we are in different countries on opposite coasts. I've conversed with people all over the world via message boards. That has to be good inn that it brings the world closer together.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:18 am

The people closest to me are my husband and my kids. Hubby probably doesn't "get" it, but he doesn't pick on me about it. The kids both play MMORPG's and also play XBOX and PS3 with others online, so they do enough of their own virtual chatting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?   Do the people closest to you "get" message boards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the people closest to you "get" message boards?
Page 1 of 1