Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?

Go down 
+10
ph balanced
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Tony Marino
wants2laugh
RobbieFTW
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Empty
PostSubject: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 am

Do you get a good deal on gas at the stations near your house, or do you have to travel for a better price?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am

I have been driving for the past week and noticed that someone must be trading on petroleum futures.

The prices at the same station on the corner change every day or two. Since I've been here it has been $3.44, $3.53. $3.34 and today it was $3.57. Also today I visited a friend in another county and the gase there was $3.34 almost a quarter difference than the one on the corner.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 am

They are all within a few pennies of each other around here.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 am

The station where I usually buy gas (and is about the cheapest in my area) is near the gym so even though it's not right around the corner I'm not really going out of my way.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

RedBedroom wrote:
They are all within a few pennies of each other around here.

Same here. The ones closest to my house aren't the CHEAPEST but they aint that much higher than the cheapest i know so its not worth driving out the way.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

Lukoil is usually the most expensive being about 15 cents more than the rest
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:03 am

I have to travel to another state to get better prices on gas. When I am in New Jersey I usually fill up there gas can be up to .50 a gallon cheaper than in NY.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:14 pm

The cheapest one is a few miles from where I live, and it's like a .10 price difference.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:18 pm

They all the same for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
Lukoil is usually the most expensive being about 15 cents more than the rest

Fucking Ruskies!
Back to top Go down
ph balanced
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
ph balanced

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Nope. The places here are 10 to 15 cents higher so I go either to Slidell or into MS to fill up
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:13 am

Tony Marino wrote:
I have to travel to another state to get better prices on gas. When I am in New Jersey I usually fill up there gas can be up to .50 a gallon cheaper than in NY.

yep... cause we have the refineries... and we still PAY someone to pump for us! lol

When I used to drive to CT a lot, and gas was almost $5 there, it was a whole dollar cheaper here, so I hit the last station on the parkway before going any further! At least there is SOMETHING good bout living here
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

No. They are about 15-20¢ more than in Newark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 am

The gas station closest to my house was $4.15 yesterday, but I rarely go there. I do a lot of shopping in New Jersey so I fill up outside of the city where the gas prices are a little lower.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

yep... cause we have the refineries... and we still PAY someone to pump for us! lol

When I used to drive to CT a lot, and gas was almost $5 there, it was a whole dollar cheaper here, so I hit the last station on the parkway before going any further! At least there is SOMETHING good bout living here

This has come up before. It's not so much that. It's that the state gas tax is about the lowest of any other state. We make up for it in just about every other tax though.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 pm

yeah... well ... we have the highest car insurance cause our density per capita is the highest frustrated
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Nope. Despite their denials and lies, Canadian gas stations fix the prices so unless you catch the odd one that has dropped the price a bit early, prices are standard. Occassionaly there will be a few cents off and if you're lucky, you can catch some before the prices drop but the companis fix prices in Canada so it's pretty much the same everywhere you go.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
yeah... well ... we have the highest car insurance cause our density per capita is the highest frustrated
Well, if the drivers weren't so dense, maybe the rates would come down. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Opa Shale wrote:

Well, if the drivers weren't so dense, maybe the rates would come down. Neutral

And yet despite our density, you're probably safer on your bike up here than where you live.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I've only been driving for about a week and have been noticing the fluctuating gas prices on a daily basis. It just dropped 25 cents since yesterday. Is this the norm everywhere?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

I haven't bought gas in 2 weeks and I didn't quite need to yet when I went passed my usual spot this morning. I did notice it was $3.41 for regular, same as it was 2 weeks ago. I don't know what it might have been between then and now.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:42 pm

No, they're about $.10 higher than the gas stations a few miles away, but they're not the most expensive either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?   Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?
Page 1 of 1