CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
Impact
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters

Buying Kleenex for the classroom.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Buying Kleenex for the classroom. Empty Buying Kleenex for the classroom.

Post by Chris Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 am

Often times elementary school teachers will put Kleenex on a child's syllabus for the sake of gathering all the boxes of tissue that the students bring in to build a bomb shelter and using them throughout the year. Does/would this annoy you as a parent? It doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I recall being in the second grade and my mom buying me a box of Kleenex, per the syllabus. When I took it to school, the teacher–who was a real shrew–saw the box that I casually put on my desk and very rudely grabbed it, and put it in her supplies closet with the rest. I was annoyed, and so was my mom when I told her about it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Buying Kleenex for the classroom. Empty Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 am

I don't remember ever having to do that. For me or my daughter when she was in school. I suppose it wouldn't bother me especially if the teacher used them so the kids could blow their runny noses. I know of teachers who have to dig into their own pockets for school supplies. I don't see why they should pay so my kid can blow her nose. I'd have other issues if they were generally a brick (bitch or a prick.)
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

I never had to buy my kids a whole box of Kleenex for school, but if every student was bringing in a box then it would balance out and not be a big deal.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am

Chris, now they ask for Kleenex plus all sorts of sizes and shapes of Ziplock (yep, the specify name brand only) bags and Post It notes.

I was SO lucky when my son entered first grade. I brought all the stuff and we happened to be one of the last on the schedule to come in for the meet and greet and that teacher told me, "Take all that right back home with you. Every year we get way more than we need." So, I never sent Ziplocks again. Yeah, it was probably shady of me, but what I did do is ask the teachers mid-year if there is anything they need. So, I have bought things like hand sanitizer and paint mid year.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

My Mom had to do that when I was in elementary school, it was usually 2 or 3 boxes of Kleenex per year. If I were a parent, it wouldn't annoy me and it didn't annoy my mother when she had to do it. They're asking for tissue, not a kidney.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't care. I just buy the kleenex and I ask the teacher if I should put their name on it or not, so I know what to expect.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I remember having to do that when I was in elementary school. But my mom was told that it was for the whole class. So every kid had to bring a box.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am

It wouldn't bother me. with all of the budget cuts, it's getting harder and harder to supply classrooms and I know plenty of teachers who buy things out of their own pockets. The teacher who did that to you was really rude, Chris. Most teachers have manners and let parents know ahead of time how things will be handled so yeah - I'd have been annoyed at her if I were your Mom, but if I got a letter asking for each child to bring in a couple of tissue boxes, I'd be fine with that. I'd rather do that so the teacher could buy nice art supplies for the classroom, or something like that, rather than putting the money into tissues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:41 am