Buying Kleenex for the classroom. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buying Kleenex for the classroom.

Go down 
+4
RedBedroom
Impact
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Buying Kleenex for the classroom. Empty
PostSubject: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 am

Often times elementary school teachers will put Kleenex on a child's syllabus for the sake of gathering all the boxes of tissue that the students bring in to build a bomb shelter and using them throughout the year. Does/would this annoy you as a parent? It doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I recall being in the second grade and my mom buying me a box of Kleenex, per the syllabus. When I took it to school, the teacher–who was a real shrew–saw the box that I casually put on my desk and very rudely grabbed it, and put it in her supplies closet with the rest. I was annoyed, and so was my mom when I told her about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 am

I don't remember ever having to do that. For me or my daughter when she was in school. I suppose it wouldn't bother me especially if the teacher used them so the kids could blow their runny noses. I know of teachers who have to dig into their own pockets for school supplies. I don't see why they should pay so my kid can blow her nose. I'd have other issues if they were generally a brick (bitch or a prick.)
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

I never had to buy my kids a whole box of Kleenex for school, but if every student was bringing in a box then it would balance out and not be a big deal.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am

Chris, now they ask for Kleenex plus all sorts of sizes and shapes of Ziplock (yep, the specify name brand only) bags and Post It notes.

I was SO lucky when my son entered first grade. I brought all the stuff and we happened to be one of the last on the schedule to come in for the meet and greet and that teacher told me, "Take all that right back home with you. Every year we get way more than we need." So, I never sent Ziplocks again. Yeah, it was probably shady of me, but what I did do is ask the teachers mid-year if there is anything they need. So, I have bought things like hand sanitizer and paint mid year.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

My Mom had to do that when I was in elementary school, it was usually 2 or 3 boxes of Kleenex per year. If I were a parent, it wouldn't annoy me and it didn't annoy my mother when she had to do it. They're asking for tissue, not a kidney.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't care. I just buy the kleenex and I ask the teacher if I should put their name on it or not, so I know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I remember having to do that when I was in elementary school. But my mom was told that it was for the whole class. So every kid had to bring a box.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am

It wouldn't bother me. with all of the budget cuts, it's getting harder and harder to supply classrooms and I know plenty of teachers who buy things out of their own pockets. The teacher who did that to you was really rude, Chris. Most teachers have manners and let parents know ahead of time how things will be handled so yeah - I'd have been annoyed at her if I were your Mom, but if I got a letter asking for each child to bring in a couple of tissue boxes, I'd be fine with that. I'd rather do that so the teacher could buy nice art supplies for the classroom, or something like that, rather than putting the money into tissues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying Kleenex for the classroom.   Buying Kleenex for the classroom. Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying Kleenex for the classroom.
Page 1 of 1