Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom Empty
PostSubject: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:36 pm

This week, I had people over and a debate began about this topic. Area school districts are purchasing the large size exercise balls for use in the classroom for kids who are having trouble concentrating. Apparently studies have been done indicating that kids will pay attention if the lower half of their body is occupied by balancing on the ball.

As of right now, around here, there will be two balls per class, rotating among students who need the help focusing. Kids who do well and pay attention will not have opportunity to sit on the balls. Further, a kid who fits the criteria for needing the ball may own his own, purchased by parents.

I am torn between feeling like it kind of screws the good students and feeling like maybe it is a good thing for the good students to learn that sometimes things aren't always fair. Special considerations are often made for certain people all the time and that is just part of life.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:42 am

Whatever works, I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:57 am

sounds ridiculous... studies were done decades ago that said that all kids have their own internal clocks. I am and always have been a night person. I could have concentrated better if my classes started at noon rather than 7am! Never saw them let me do that! wish they would have though...

for 15yrs i have worked the night shift big grin
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 am

Sounds like a modern equivalent of a dunce cap. At least as far as singling a kid out in front of their peers Look, the dummy has to sit on the ball!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 am

I guess...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom   Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise balls used as chairs in the classroom
Page 1 of 1