If your kid is slim... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If your kid is slim...

Go down 
+7
Chris
TSJFan4Ever
Timetrvlr
2xy
Nystyle709
Shale
Impact
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

If your kid is slim... Empty
PostSubject: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Have you ever had a parent of an overweight kid tell you your kid is too little? My across the street neighbor has a 5 year old daughter, who weighs 60 lbs. and wears the same size as my 10 year old. She makes remarks quite often how my daughter is supposedly tiny, scrawny, or small. According to the weight/height charts, my kid (she weights approx. 70 lbs.) is exactly where she is supposed to be. It makes me mad that someone whose kid obviously is overweight should be remarking on the weight of another kid in a derogatory fashion. I know she wouldn't like it if I made a comment about how large her child was.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Impact wrote:
...I know she wouldn't like it if I made a comment about how large her child was.
I'd show her the chart. Probably in denial about her fat kid because now in America that is the norm.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Impact wrote:
Have you ever had a parent of an overweight kid tell you your kid is too little? My across the street neighbor has a 5 year old daughter, who weighs 60 lbs. and wears the same size as my 10 year old. She makes remarks quite often how my daughter is supposedly tiny, scrawny, or small. According to the weight/height charts, my kid (she weights approx. 70 lbs.) is exactly where she is supposed to be. It makes me mad that someone whose kid obviously is overweight should be remarking on the weight of another kid in a derogatory fashion. I know she wouldn't like it if I made a comment about how large her child was.

LOL. Is she for real? I'd personally tell her exactly how I feel about it, then maybe she wouldn't keep making those snide comments. My sister is like that. She's 8 and she's a bit on the 'wiry' side because she's quite tall for her age.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 am

My younger boy is a skinny kid, and although he is of average height now, he was a really short and skinny youngster. Nobody ever made inappropriate comments, though, as far as I can remember.

The next time your neighbor crosses that line, a good answer would be, "Our pediatrician thinks our daughter is developing just fine. And anyway, we prefer not to teach her that commenting on people's bodies is okay. Please pass the bean dip."
Back to top Go down
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 am

All of my kids were skinny although they were well fed on a good diet. They were also incredibly active, what I call "high-burners" meaning they exercised so much that they were unable to keep any weight on. That's a good thing, kids build strong, healthy bodies by playing, running, jumping, doing what kids do naturally. Don't let your dim bulb neighbor discourage you, skinny kids are not necessarily unhealthy.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 am

I was a skinny kid growing up. Wish I could be skinny now - lol! Sounds like your neighbour is trying to compensate and maybe feels guilty about her own daughter.

I like what 2xy said - great answer!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 am

Your neighbor sounds resentful. My daughter is tall and thin too, and once one of my aunts remarked that she needed more meat on her bones; it irritated me, because no, she doesn't. Her weight is fine, and I said so point blank. If she had more meat on her bones, that same aunt would have probably had something to say about that too. Don't put issues like that on my child.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

In the beginning I took it with a grain of salt. For the most part I think it's on the side of silly to get upset at being referred to as "skinny." The more this woman talks though, the less I'm able to tell if she's just making a casual observation or if she's being flip. All I know is that I'm becoming more irritated.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I'd let her know that your daughter is perfectly fine & that there's not going to be an ongoing discussion about it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:22 am

Tell her you don't think there's a problem unless her kid tries to eat yours.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 am

OMG....I could have written your post!

My son weighs very little for his age and height, yet is crazy strong and fit. There is a mom whose son does the same sport as mine that ALWAYS brings up my son's weight, negatively. I post a FB pic, and she comments "
feed him a sandwich will ya'?"

She goes beyond that by saying that he isn't fed well which drives me nuts...my son eats excellently, yet her kids eat Cheetos and chips and pop tarts....

I finally had to address it with her. My son did not appreciate it. It took away from what he is about.

Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 am

RedBedroom wrote:
OMG....I could have written your post!

My son weighs very little for his age and height, yet is crazy strong and fit. There is a mom whose son does the same sport as mine that ALWAYS brings up my son's weight, negatively. I post a FB pic, and she comments "
feed him a sandwich will ya'?"

She goes beyond that by saying that he isn't fed well which drives me nuts...my son eats excellently, yet her kids eat Cheetos and chips and pop tarts....

I finally had to address it with her. My son did not appreciate it. It took away from what he is about.

You know what I'm talking about then. Just because you have no control over your child's eating habits and allow junk food to be their pacifier, don't act funny because you see another kid who obviously has more controlled eating. I have never withheld food from my kids mouths, and they're not all about celery sticks and white rice either. With guidance from the time they were born, they developed their own sensible eating habits and on top of it are active. As I said, this woman's daughter who is the same age as my second daughter weighs almost as much as my eldest daughter, who is five years older. Focus on the fact that your kid weighs what someone twice her age does before you critique someone else's child thin waist size.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 am

Impact....exactly...

Here is some food for thought on this topic...My son's cousin is nine months YOUNGER than my son...Yet my son is much stronger than he. And much less in weight.

Regarding the woman I spoke of and her mention all the damn time of my son's stature...she has spent over five thousand dollars, since September, with a personal motocross coach to make her son faster...on their itinerary??? Beating my "too skinny" son's lap times. Now, months later...still not beat...

Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:57 am

Misery loves company. The same woman probably hassles her kid about her weight (while still letting her eat junk), secretly wishing she were as thin as the slim kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If your kid is slim...   If your kid is slim... Empty

Back to top Go down

If your kid is slim...
Page 1 of 1