Children of unmarried parents. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of unmarried parents.

Go down 
+5
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
CeCe
Supernova
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Children of unmarried parents. Empty
PostSubject: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 am

Many argue that a two parent household is the more beneficial environment for a child to be raised in, but do you feel that kids who're being raised by unmarried or divorced parents are at a significant loss -- even if both parents are active in their lives?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 am

I think it depends on the parents, period, because I knew a kid whose parents never married and even if they HAD been, he still would've been royally screwed up in that household.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 am

I don't think it's so much the number of parents but having some kind of guidance with loving nurturing parents, even if there's only one of them.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 am

It would be nice to have 2 loving parents in a household but I don't think its a necessity. I wish I grew up in a one parent household.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Pretty much what Supernova, CeCe and Tony said. A child can be worse off in a two-parent home where the parents are constantly at each others throats. Of course they're just as screwed even if the parents are divorced but don't put the best interests of their children first.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm

No, I don't think so. As long as they have adult influence that is positive, even one parent in their life can be enough.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 pm

There has been more than one president who was raised by a single mother.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:34 am

I agree with what everyone is saying - unmarried parents who are involved in their child's life can be just as effective as a two-parent household and more-so if the two-parent household is dysfunctional.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 am

So long as both parents are active in the kids life, it's not at all necessary that they be married or all live under the same roof. Very shortly after my kids were born, me and their mother fell out and were on the verge of breaking up....I told this female friend of mine about it and her response was: "think about those babies." I'm like, "what?!" I can't believe there are still some people who think that mommies and daddies have to be married in order to thoroughly raise a child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of unmarried parents.   Children of unmarried parents. Empty

Back to top Go down

Children of unmarried parents.
Page 1 of 1