CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much?

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much? Empty Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much?

Post by Impact Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:13 pm

We're inundated with ads that suggest sex, but should a church be promoting it too?
    The answer, apparently, is yes.

A non-denominational group, The Blended Church, has placed provocative billboards throughout Indianapolis, according to Fox59. The ads advertise a website called myemptysexlife.com. The ads are about the church, which positively promotes the importance of a healthy sex life within marriage.

But, according to Fox59, not everyone is enthused about the sign or message.

"My kids are pointing," Jennell Allison told Indiana's Fox59. "I don't want to see that when I'm driving. I just don't. That's a little bit too much."

Blended Church Pastor Dehner Maurer said the church is trying to expose people to the positive side of a good sex life.

"Hollywood is speaking it," he told the television station. "The Super Bowl is talking about it, so the church should be talking about it. We're just trying to be real and relevant and speak about issues that we face and that's a part of life."

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much? Empty Re: Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Calvin Klein and others put up ads that are much more provocative than that. Is the controversy supposed to be because it’s by a religious group? I went to their website and looked around. Frankly, if more organized religions were as tolerant as they seem to be, the world would be a better place.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much? Empty Re: Is Church's Billboard Ad About Sex Too Much?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:15 pm

ITA with this. Guess ads are extremely provocative and seem more interested in selling sex than clothes. I've often mistaken their ads for ads for things like chatlines or that kind of thing.

I think the only reason there's controversy over these ads is because they're being promoted by a church. I suppose Jennell Allison would prefer to see the Guess ads that are very provocative. I'm sure you wouldn't find her complaining about Guess or CK or any of the others that sell their product using overt sexuality.

Last edited by TSJFan4Ever on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:31 pm

TSJ, I'll give the woman the benefit of the doubt that she probably doesn't want to see those other ads either.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:54 pm

LOL - thanks alan. Smile I have to wonder just who those ads are appealing to because most of my girlfriends can't stand them and feel the same way I do - that Guess and others like it are selling sex, not a product. Maybe Guess wants to mainly appeal to guys?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:11 pm

It's not too much. Even though it looks kind of dumb. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:28 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:LOL - thanks alan. Smile I have to wonder just who those ads are appealing to because most of my girlfriends can't stand them and feel the same way I do - that Guess and others like it are selling sex, not a product. Maybe Guess wants to mainly appeal to guys?

I wouldn't doubt it Wink

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm