CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
TSJFan4Ever
Marc™
RedBedroom
8 posters

Do you think billboard advertising is effective?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you think billboard advertising is effective? Empty Do you think billboard advertising is effective?

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 1:14 am

Why or why not?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do you think billboard advertising is effective? Empty Re: Do you think billboard advertising is effective?

Post by Marc™ Mon May 23, 2011 1:19 am

Absolutely. One of the local radio stations recently changed their format from Smooth Jazz to Top 40. I had no idea....since I never listened to it when it was all jazz, but one day I was driving and saw a billboard that announced the new format, and now that station is the one I listen to. When it comes to buying things, I'm not so sure. If I'm familiar with the product and see it advertised on a billboard, it might put the thought in my head to get it....but if I never heard of that product, then chances are it won't sway me into checking it out.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Do you think billboard advertising is effective? Empty Re: Do you think billboard advertising is effective?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon May 23, 2011 1:47 am

It can be. I've noticed ads, though it certainly hasn't swayed me toward a product, unless it's from something like a park or something like that, in which case I might check it out.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 am

laughing We must be a smaller town than most because we don't have billboards, so I couldn't say. Though one time we were driving past McDonald's and on their big sign they say 'Oatmeal is here!' and I said 'thanks for the warning, we won't stop in!'
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am

Not that much. The only time I have an interest in them is if I'm traveling & need a place to eat. But I can't say I've ever bought anything or contacted a company as a result from a billboard.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 am

If so, only subtly. I can't recall ever having seen a billboard and immediately wanting what was on it; mostly because I don't stare at them long enough to ponder it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 pm

It can be, but I think it greatly depends on what it is. Like if you're driving on the interstate and there is a billboard advertising the nearest restaurant, hotel or strip joint....then yeah.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Not that often for bill boards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:17 am