Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco

Go down 
+13
2xy
CeCe
TPP
Marc™
captainbryce
Nystyle709
Shale
tmontyb
Impact
GrayWolf
Forgiveness Man
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Chris
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Suzi wrote:
So much for personal freedom. Why bother with the US constitution if little by little rights are chipped away. Actually right now they are being hacked away at a horrendous rate. Wisconsin, Michigan, outlaw certain foods , and parental rights.

It doesn't say that you have the right to cut off parts of your child in the constitution.

I actually agree with you about some of our rights and think that people need to wake up and realize that history repeats itself and the more comfortable we become the more we will ignore our rights being stripped away.

However, children have been under served as far as protection of THEIR rights, imo. They are not our property, they are people.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

"Rights" do not mean we can do anything we want at will. We as parents are supposed to protect our kids & act in their best interest. Sometimes that gets screwed up but we learn & correct the mistakes we can correct. But there is no "do over" in circumcision. I understand it used to be standard practice but a lot of things were standard practice. That doesn't mean it was ever right. It was a mistake that became commonplace in the US.

I don't even see how this can be thought of as a right. It isn't our right to make a permanent decision about an unnecessary procedure. As far as "religion" goes, if religion is telling me to hack off part of my kid, I'm looking for a different one.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Suzi wrote:
I'm amazed how attached men are to that extra skin. Our son was circumcised routinely 50 years ago. He says he is glad it was done.

My husband was routinely circumcised 40 years ago and is not glad it was done, because he knows what was taken away from him without his consent.

The adult male foreskin is roughly the size of a 3 X 5 index card. It's loaded with nerve endings and blood vessels and is there primarily to protect the penile head (glans). The glans in an intact penis is moist and smooth, like gum tissue. The glans in a circumcised penis is dry and toughened.

And anyway...I'm pretty attached to my own body parts. Aren't you?

You can read The Case Against Circumcision if you are interested in the purpose of this body part.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:49 pm

You seem to lack the ability to put yourself in somebody else's shoes, Suzi.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:40 pm

It's not even that serious. Next they will try to place bans on parents having their children baptized. Where does this end?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 pm

It is to the one being circumcised. A baptism doesn't leave a permanent physical mark on the person. Growing up southern baptist I was mandatory baptized at 12. The water dried. I got over it. It should be up to the male whether or not he wants to be circumcised. It's one thing for parents to have "rights" but there should also be some boundaries.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:05 pm

CeCe wrote:
It is to the one being circumcised. A baptism doesn't leave a permanent physical mark on the person. Growing up southern baptist I was mandatory baptized at 12. The water dried. I got over it. It should be up to the male whether or not he wants to be circumcised. It's one thing for parents to have "rights" but there should also be some boundaries.
co-signs

I too was baptised at 12. Even at that age a kid should not make decision that won't dry off and blow away.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Jason B. wrote:
It's not even that serious. Next they will try to place bans on parents having their children baptized. Where does this end?
It ends when people stop abusing their children in the name of the flying spaghetti monster! Practice religion all you want. When your religion tells you to start cutting body parts off of innocent babies, it's time for the law to step in!
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Such a measure will NEVER pass.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:29 pm

stonestatic wrote:
Such a measure will NEVER pass.
I'd say that it's unlikely to pass anytime soon. But I never say NEVER! Circumcision is NOT nearly as popular as it once was and fewer and fewer people are for it today. That is likely a trend that will continue in that direction so this is really just the first step. As more and more people become educated on the facts, eventually the majority of people in the US will adopt a European mentality about it. This proposal won't change the world overnight, but it will lead to another proposal, then eventually an approved bill, and then eventually new laws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco    Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposal to ban circumcision in San Francisco
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3