CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+16
2xy
Marc™
Timetrvlr
Suzi
CeCe
TPP
Tony Marino
Shale
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
Impact
Supernova
GrayWolf
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Chris
20 posters

Do you want to look younger than your age?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you want to look younger than your age? Empty Do you want to look younger than your age?

Post by Chris Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:52 am

Do you think that you look you age, or would you say that you look older/younger? Do you ever strive to look younger than you actually are?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you want to look younger than your age? Empty Re: Do you want to look younger than your age?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 am

IDK, I guess I look about what I am.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you want to look younger than your age? Empty Re: Do you want to look younger than your age?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:56 am

I look younger. I get carded all the time.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:04 am

I think I look about my age. Maybe two or three years younger when I shave. No desire to look younger.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 am

I have no idea, I've gone up and down for half of my life, when I was 10 people thought I was an adult, then when I was 16 people thought I was 12, but when I was 14 this checker at the store asked if I needed to get any cigarettes. I have no idea what people think of me now.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 am

I get told all the time that I look younger than I am, and while it's a compliment, it isn't anything I try to do. It kind of makes me nervous, because often times when people hold on to looking especially young, once the aging process inevitably starts, it hits them the hardest.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 am

I probably look my age. I don't think I act old.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:01 pm

People usually think I look much younger than I am. Hell, I still get carded to buy alcohol! I guess I take it as a compliment of sorts (better than looking older I guess), but I have no particular desire to look any younger at this point. I'm very happy with my age and my looks as it relates to my age.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 pm

I have been told I don't look 66. I have seen older looking guys my age. Could be attitude or exercise or expectations of what old men look like. IDK.

From a distance I look better. Up close you see the thinning skin, the wrinkles and other indications of age.

Do you want to look younger than your age? 5288435497_39662acef3_z

Last edited by Shale on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:04 pm

No, I think I am o.k. the way I am.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 pm

IDK, people say I look younger than I am but it's hard for me to judge because I'm just me and I'm going to be 32 in May. What is 32 supposed to look like? lol.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

No I'm happy in that.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 pm

I for sure look my age, Time however continues to look at least 10 years younger than me. Frankly I don't care too much, one way or the other. Like Popeye, I yam what I yam.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Suzi wrote:I for sure look my age, Time however continues to look at least 10 years younger than me.

He's a big source of stress is he? Wink
    Timetrvlr
    Timetrvlr
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by Timetrvlr Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Suzi wrote:I for sure look my age, Time however continues to look at least 10 years younger than me.

Yup! cool dance

I ran into a lot of age discrimination when I was in my fifties and was looking for work so I knocked ten years off my age and got a job. That really came in handy when I was 61 and our operation closed. Who wants to hire a 61 year old that will be retiring soon? However, 51 wasn't so bad so I found another job right away. It was my plan to work until 70 but I only made it to 67.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 am

Chris wrote:Do you think that you look you age, or would you say that you look older/younger? Do you ever strive to look younger than you actually are?

For years I looked younger than my age, but I think it might be catching up with me now. Hell yeah I wanna look younger....and I refuse to grow old gracefully. Sporadic gray hairs are showing up on my face, leading me to come to the conclusion that having a beard is totally out. Not happening.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 am

People tell me I look young for my age. Part of me likes it and part of me feels that looking your age shouldn't be a bad thing, but society prizes youth. I was carded for alcohol a couple of years ago at a liquor store (I was 38). I was actually pretty annoyed since I had just stuffed cash in my pocket and had left my purse in the car...lol... Had to walk back out in the rain to get it, and was completely bitchy with PMS. Smile

DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 am

I have the Scorpio trait of looking older when I was young, and younger now that I am 55. Most people say I haven't changed much over the years.

I look in the mirror closely, and aside from some pouchiness in the cheeks, I don't have wrinkles. My neck is still tight and not wrinkled, no double chin, so I am lucky.

When I was 50, people marveled, but I think now at 55 things have caught up with me a bit. But overall I am pretty satisfied.

Couldn't escape the weight gain though!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

2xy wrote:... I was carded for alcohol a couple of years ago at a liquor store (I was 38). I was actually pretty annoyed since I had just stuffed cash in my pocket and had left my purse in the car...lol... Had to walk back out in the rain to get it, and was completely bitchy with PMS. Smile
    Teller was lucky she made it out alive.
    "Forget the Midol - gimme some booze! "
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:05 pm

alan smithee wrote:

No, I simply looked older than he did when we got married. I was 17 he was 19, but he looked 15 and I looked 21. His sister in law lied to his parents and said she was younger than their other son, little by little it came out she was a few years older. So when I first met my new mother in law , the first thing she said was "You are younger than he is?", in that tone that said I was a liar. I offered to show her my birth certificate.

We had friends who often got asked if she was her husbands mother. I told Time if someone ever asked me that I would throttle him with my bare hands. So one day I we were all at the store and the kids were all crowded around looking at a parking lot salesman's wares, they of course were calling me mom (one of the girls taller than me, the other the same height), when Time walked by and said something . The salesman looked at me and said "Is he your kid too?????". I didn't throttle him, he couldn't help it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Suzi wrote: The salesman looked at me and said "Is he your kid too?????". I didn't throttle him, he couldn't help it.

I'm sure he said it with shock and awe because he couldn't believe such a young woman as yourself could have given birth to an old fart like that. Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Suzi wrote:...when Time walked by and said something . The salesman looked at me and said "Is he your kid too?????". ...
    I'm sure that happened to Barbara a lot too.
    Do you want to look younger than your age? Younger-george-and-barbara-bush
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 am

yup!! approachin 30 this year sad would like to look 23.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Yes, I do. I am 38 and was just carded for cig the other day. I had stopped at a different gas station and he actually asked me for my ID. R U fucking kidding me? I have a 18 year old son!
    rienpoet
    rienpoet
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by rienpoet Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 am

I feel younger.

Honestly, I don't look it. It's difficult sometimes when people always think that you are younger than what you actually are.

I don't look it, I don't feel it either. Well, okay when I talk to the younger generation about Jethro Tull and their reactions mostly were twisted eyebrow or a question like "Who is he?" then, I feel definitely old.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:21 am