CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Rainmaker
Hyacinth Girl
RobbieFTW
8 posters

Does it bother you having a younger boss?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Does it bother you having a younger boss? Empty Does it bother you having a younger boss?

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

This is one of my pet peeves about work. I dont like it when somebody younger than me has more seniority or is in a position to tell me what to do. At work there's a guy who just turned 21 and is an assistant manager. I know if I ever butt heads with him theres gonna be trouble cause that reason alone would make me say something that would be rude.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Does it bother you having a younger boss? Empty Re: Does it bother you having a younger boss?

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

I have no problem with it if the person is capable and worthy of the position, and actually knows how to do the job. I don't like it at all when some kiss-ass gets a supervisory job and I'm the one to end up training that person. Usually I find suttle ways to let them know that they don't know shit from shinola, and even though they're getting the supervisor pay, I'm the senior tech and they'd be wise to follow my lead.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Does it bother you having a younger boss? Empty Re: Does it bother you having a younger boss?

Post by Rainmaker Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:10 am

Get used to it. The older you get, the younger your co-workers and superiors will become.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 am

Yeah, it would be hard to find a boss older than me. I make a good facilitator. I do not have the requisite college degree to be in management positions, so I have often worked for supervisors who were younger and inexperienced. The smart ones respected that my experience was valuable and asked for input. Even now my younger female boss and I work in partnership more than a strict heirarchy.

It is akin to the military where you have some young newly commissioned lieutenant who outranks the old seargent with experience. Smart ones rely on the NCO input. Arrogant ones eventually have to answer to their superior officer why things are so fucked up.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Generally no. As long as they can do the job and didn't have a hard on because I'm the old one. Hasn't been an issue up to now.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 pm

The older I got and the longer I worked the younger my bosses got. No, it never botherd me at all. We never had problems. But I had a friend who was hired for a great job at Adidas and then never actually began it because it bothered her so much that the boss would be younger than she.
    I think my friend was nuts for this. She never even gave it a chance. Instead she took a much lower paying dead end job where she would be younger than her boss.
    I could see where there could be a problem so maybe I was lucky but it always worked out okay for me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Rainmaker wrote:Get used to it. The older you get, the younger your co-workers and superiors will become.

Basically..
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 pm

If they are competent then it should not matter but I know what you mean.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 pm

This week I get a new boss who will be much younger than the one I worked with for the past 12 years. She is also one of those bleeding heart, proper liberals so my work relationship has changed. Ironically, I will miss the middle aged Russky woman who is Republican but still with the European attitude about sexuality that is more tolerant of an old perv like me.

I want to retire so badly but can't afford to.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Does that mean you're an improper liberal? thinking
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Does that mean you're an improper liberal? thinking
    Yep! I'm basically considered on the left of center but don't buy into all the liberal, politically correct stuff like a lot of libs do.

Sort of a liberal loose canon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:55 am