CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Chris
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Cheaps
DanaShelbyChancey
CeCe
Supernova
TPP
12 posters

Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show?

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show? Empty Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show?

Post by TPP Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

I love the new show on Showtime "Shameless" but I feel a little bad about it. Same with "Ghost Adventures"...That one I keep watching even though it makes me really scared when I'm trying to sleep.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show? Empty Re: Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show?

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 pm

I never heard of those, what're they about?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show? Empty Re: Do you have a "guilty pleasure" tv show?

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I sometimes watch Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares. I know they're fake..scripted..the customers are actors & all but it's like I can't look away.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Celebrity Ghost Stories... heehee

I feel silly even writing it.

Last edited by DanaShelbyChancey on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to amend)
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Supernova wrote:I never heard of those, what're they about?

Shameless is on Showtime and it's about a family where the dad is an alcoholic and the mom ran off so the oldest sister takes care of her younger 5 siblings. There's lots of sex, crime, drugs...But it's pretty funny/sad/dramatic...I'm hooked on it.

Ghost Adventures is supposedly real. Who knows if it is or not. It's 2 guys, one who didn't believe in ghosts until he saw one right in front of him. The other who was always into the paranormal I think + camera man that they hired.

It's probably fake but it's really entertaining.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:54 pm

CeCe wrote:I sometimes watch Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares. I know they're fake..scripted..the customers are actors & all but it's like I can't look away.

Is it really? I didn't know that.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:54 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:Celebrity Ghost Stories... heehee

I feel silly even writing it.

haha, that one is a little funny to me. I like "my ghost story" that is a similar premise with regular people.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 am

think all the shows i watch are guilty pleasures

basketball wives
    jersey shore
    kardashians
    bad girls club
    teen mom
    even started watchin new real world on mtv

DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:55 am

Oh! I forgot one. I have watched Sister Wives. Everyone I tell thinks I am crazy.

They all watch Real Housewives, and I think they are crazy.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    CeCe wrote:I sometimes watch Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares. I know they're fake..scripted..the customers are actors & all but it's like I can't look away.

They're both shows that have a mixture of the real & the phony. On Nightmares, the restaurants are real. A lot of them end up closing anyway. On HK, the winner of the competition does not become head chef as they keep saying but just one of the sous chefs working under the real head chef. A few years ago one of them got mad enough to spill the beans on that. lol After the year is up they're usually looking for employment. I think Heather is doing ok though.

In the real world if a restaurant has green meat, rotten vegetables or roaches running out of the refrigerator/freezer insulation by the hundreds, that restaurant would be shut down immediately. So there's some reality but the shows are more shock value & entertainment than anything.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

CeCe wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

They're both shows that have a mixture of the real & the phony. On Nightmares, the restaurants are real. A lot of them end up closing anyway. On HK, the winner of the competition does not become head chef as they keep saying but just one of the sous chefs working under the real head chef. A few years ago one of them got mad enough to spill the beans on that. lol After the year is up they're usually looking for employment. I think Heather is doing ok though.

In the real world if a restaurant has green meat, rotten vegetables or roaches running out of the refrigerator/freezer insulation by the hundreds, that restaurant would be shut down immediately. So there's some reality but the shows are more shock value & entertainment than anything.

interesting, I'm so naive about tv.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

The Real Housewives are my claim to shame.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 pm

cheaps wrote:think all the shows i watch are guilty pleasures

basketball wives
    jersey shore
    kardashians
    bad girls club
    teen mom
    even started watchin new real world on mtv

I've watched teen mom a couple times and I used to love The Real World.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

RedBedroom wrote:The Real Housewives are my claim to shame.

OMG, the real housewives of BH had me hooked. I loved to hate Camille.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I love the new show on Showtime "Shameless" but I feel a little bad about it. Same with "Ghost Adventures"...That one I keep watching even though it makes me really scared when I'm trying to sleep.

I've gotten hooked on that! To answer your question though, I don't watch anything I feel guilty about.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

I love Sister Wives too,lol.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:I love the new show on Showtime "Shameless" but I feel a little bad about it. Same with "Ghost Adventures"...That one I keep watching even though it makes me really scared when I'm trying to sleep.

I've gotten hooked on that! To answer your question though, I don't watch anything I feel guilty about.

I love that show...and it's not really guilt that I feel, just like "oh gosh, this is what entertains me now?"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

You might like Archer on FX.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 pm

alan smithee wrote:You might like Archer on FX.

really? I value your opinion so much that I'm going to watch it on demand tonight. You know why? Because of your funny and witty. I liked the thing that said "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you." or was it vice versa? Anyway...

Plus, I've been curious about it because one of my twins is named Archer.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

It's like most "reality" tv. It's missing most of the reality. lol
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 pm

CeCe wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

It's like most "reality" tv. It's missing most of the reality. lol

see, all the ghost shows I watch are probably totally fake, but if I believe in reality tv, I guess I'll believe anything!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 am

It used to be those Surreal Life/Flavor of Life reality shows on VH1. It has since become Basketball Wives.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:You might like Archer on FX.

really? I value your opinion so much that I'm going to watch it on demand tonight. You know why? Because of your funny and witty. I liked the thing that said "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you." or was it vice versa? Anyway...

blushing Thank you! I hope your faith in me wasn't misplaced. I also hope your son doesn't turn out anything like Sterling Archer!LOL

PS-You were correct about my previous signature.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

blushing Thank you! I hope your faith in me wasn't misplaced. I also hope your son doesn't turn out anything like Sterling Archer!LOL

PS-You were correct about my previous signature.

lol, I didn't know it was an animation! I watched half of it but I had a kid in my bed and was like "Ooooh kay, maybe later..." lol.

BTW, did you watch the latest Shameless? I watched it last night and I was SO glad the way it turned out with the baby.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 pm

I forgot to ask you TPP, have you ever watched Reba McEntire's show "Reba"? My wife and daughter used to watch it so I couldn't help absorb some of it through osmosis. When I began watching Shameless, the actor who plays Kevin was so familiar and then it came to me. He was on the Reba show. 180º! My wife watches Shameless the same way I watched Reba, with one eye/one ear. I said, "Hey honey, wanna see Van's ass?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:32 am