Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues

Go down 
+5
Alan Smithee
2xy
TPP
Forgiveness Man
captainbryce
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 pm

^^^^Just wait until those tykes of yours hit the teenage years. You'll be adding their names to the list. Wink
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
^^^^Just wait until those tykes of yours hit the teenage years. You'll be adding their names to the list. Wink
lalalala (not listen
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Mwuhahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
Not picking on Mormons, I just used to be one so I know that they believe that they, and the Catholic church, are the only possible "true" churches. They believe that they are the one true church, but the Catholic church is the only other alternative because they are the only other church claiming to be directly linked with the apostles, which is one of the things they think a church has to be, to be the "true" church.

You were a Mormon, TPP? Are/were your family (parents and siblings)? Did it cause any difficulties for you when you left that church? I've identified myself as an agnostic and despite what others say, I don’t have the slightest idea re what GOD wants if she even exists.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:56 pm

^^^^Then you should have no problem with people who say they do. Wink
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 pm

I partake mostly in the small talk topics.

For the heated stuff, I don't like getting too into anything heavy because too often on message boards, in general, people don't do well with opposing views then cheap shots are taken and it all goes down hill.

I think I am usually accepting and appreciative of opposing views, but get miffed fast if not offered the same considerations.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm

alan smithee wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:
Not picking on Mormons, I just used to be one so I know that they believe that they, and the Catholic church, are the only possible "true" churches. They believe that they are the one true church, but the Catholic church is the only other alternative because they are the only other church claiming to be directly linked with the apostles, which is one of the things they think a church has to be, to be the "true" church.

You were a Mormon, TPP? Are/were your family (parents and siblings)? Did it cause any difficulties for you when you left that church? I've identified myself as an agnostic and despite what others say, I don’t have the slightest idea re what GOD wants if she even exists.

I've been so many things, lol. I was raised Southern Baptist, but I converted to LDS when I was 14. I was LDS until I was 19, then I left. Then I was part of a church that used to be Southern Baptist but broke off and was just conservative Christian. Then I was pagan/wiccan for a while (which is what my parents converted to about 10-15 years ago) and now I consider myself agnostic.

So, it didn't cause problems when I left the LDS church but OMG, when I joined...I had to have the missionary discussions in the driveway because my parents thought they were a cult and wouldn't let them in the house...It's actually hilarious when you think about the fact that they converted to an occult practice within a couple years of that! At the time though, it really sucked.

LDS is really family oriented and I think that and the fact that they have a good "system" in place, where everything is the same at each church, everyone follows the same rules, there's no back and forth about make up and hair and women wearing pants like there was at the Christian churches I attended. When I was younger, I just wanted someone to tell me "Do this, and you'll be a good person and God will love you." And that is exactly what they did.

Funny how that exact thing is what turned me off of it as I got older. I kept imagining all these Buddhist people who were more devoted to their religion than anyone that I have ever met, who are just doing what they are taught is right, in hell...And I just couldn't. Now I believe that if there is a God, there is more than one path to get close to him/her/it. Haha, but I don't know, it's just a guess.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:59 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
...It's actually hilarious when you think about the fact that they converted to an occult practice within a couple years of that!

You got that right! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:12 am

small talk Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

I come here for all talk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues   Do you come here for "small talk" or to discuss deep/contraversial issues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2