CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Shale
CeCe
Alan Smithee
DanaShelbyChancey
Supernova
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
11 posters

Rude customers

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Rude customers Empty Rude customers

Post by AtownPeep Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:40 am

Tonight I was in Kroger and while in the regular checkout lane, two people were ahead of me. The cashier did not have a bagger and was doing her best to ring and bag at the same time. The arrogant guy in front of me snaps "hurry up I have my car running", and he had one item while the self checkout was open. I really wanted to say something rude to him for her. Nobody cares about your car running. Who told you to not turn it off? Your ass thought you were gonna be in & out w/ your one little item, but it didn't quite turn out that way did it? I've worked in customer service positions before and don't miss it. Even though the majority of customers are decent enough, fools like him who always stand out in your mind.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Rude customers Empty Re: Rude customers

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 am

Just last week I was online in the supermarket and I was next to put my stuff up to be checked out when all of a sudden some guy came and plopped down a bag of ice right in front of me. The cashier looked at him and looked at me and she was not going to say anything to the guy for getting in front of me like that so I did the honors and told him I am next bud, get on line and he gave me the line I only have this one item and I am in a hurry and I simply told him that if he had asked me, I would have let him get in front of me with his one item but since he was so rude and just plopped it down without asking, he now had to get on line behind me. He said to the cashier oh come on 1 item, I told the cashier that if she rang up that one item I was getting off the line and calling the Manager and telling what she did. She told the guy then Sorry you have to get on line. If looks could kill from this guy I would have been dead and I normally am not tacky about things like this but it was just the principle, don't be rude, ask and it shall be done. He got online at the express register then.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:06 am

I hate people like that, though fortunately as often as we go shopping we don't encounter too many of them. And that's why I can't stand it when my brother's in line with me and he always makes it obvious when he's impatient. I don't care how anxious I am to get out, or how long the checkout is taking, I'm always civil with the checkers, I don't take it out on them that I'm in a hurry to get out of there.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:53 am

Supernova wrote:I hate people like that, though fortunately as often as we go shopping we don't encounter too many of them. And that's why I can't stand it when my brother's in line with me and he always makes it obvious when he's impatient. I don't care how anxious I am to get out, or how long the checkout is taking, I'm always civil with the checkers, I don't take it out on them that I'm in a hurry to get out of there.

I wasn't even in a particular hurry that night but the rudeness of the man and the lack of caring on the cashier's part prompted me into that action. People should just learn to be courteous to other people.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Indeeeeeeeed.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 pm

I swear this is true. I don't think I would have the nerve to do this again, and I can't imagine doing it once but I know I did.

I was so bored and so eager to get going, the customer in line in front of me was all checked out. The cashier was slow, the customer wasn't helping much, so I stepped forward and bagged her groceries. She did smile and say thanks. I just wanted to get the heck out of there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I've experienced crap on both sides of the checkout aisle. I would never be rude to a cashier/clerk especially if they were doing their job as best they could. If they were just being lazy or incompetent, I would tell the manager if they were really horrendous. Good for you Tony! Did the guy walk kind of bow-legged? I figure with balls that big…
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Tonight I was in Kroger and while in the regular checkout lane, two people were ahead of me. The cashier did not have a bagger and was doing her best to ring and bag at the same time. The arrogant guy in front of me snaps "hurry up I have my car running", and he had one item while the self checkout was open. I really wanted to say something rude to him for her. Nobody cares about your car running. Who told you to not turn it off? Your ass thought you were gonna be in & out w/ your one little item, but it didn't quite turn out that way did it? I've worked in customer service positions before and don't miss it. Even though the majority of customers are decent enough, fools like him who always stand out in your mind.

It seems like people think it's socially acceptable to act like a jackass. And what kind of idiot leaves their car running while they shop? It isn't 1952.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:16 pm

CeCe wrote:
    It seems like people think it's socially acceptable to act like a jackass. And what kind of idiot leaves their car running while they shop? It isn't 1952.

Probably the same kind like the cops who leave their cars unattended and running while they go inside to talk to people. Now if ANYBODY should know better... eye roll
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Supernova wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

Probably the same kind like the cops who leave their cars unattended and running while they go inside to talk to people. Now if ANYBODY should know better... eye roll

It's just trouble begging to happen.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Tony Marino wrote:... I would have let him get in front of me with his one item but since he was so rude and just plopped it down without asking, ...
    He wasn't rude - He was from NY.

ROFLMAO!

OK, before the rude NY flames, it was a ref to John Lithgow's line in Terms of Endearment.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 pm

He was a jerk and if I was the cashier, I would've nicely let him known so. I have a couple of stories from rude customers to rude customer service in my experience. Ironically enough, I've never been banned from anywhere. Rude customers 2481274848
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:31 pm

The way people treat customer service people is a window into their character imo. I'm shocked and dismayed by how rude some people are.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:04 am

Tony Marino wrote:Just last week I was online in the supermarket and I was next to put my stuff up to be checked out when all of a sudden some guy came and plopped down a bag of ice right in front of me. The cashier looked at him and looked at me and she was not going to say anything to the guy for getting in front of me like that so I did the honors and told him I am next bud, get on line and he gave me the line I only have this one item and I am in a hurry and I simply told him that if he had asked me, I would have let him get in front of me with his one item but since he was so rude and just plopped it down without asking, he now had to get on line behind me. He said to the cashier oh come on 1 item, I told the cashier that if she rang up that one item I was getting off the line and calling the Manager and telling what she did. She told the guy then Sorry you have to get on line. If looks could kill from this guy I would have been dead and I normally am not tacky about things like this but it was just the principle, don't be rude, ask and it shall be done. He got online at the express register then.

Assertive.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:He was a jerk and if I was the cashier, I would've nicely let him known so. I have a couple of stories from rude customers to rude customer service in my experience. Ironically enough, I've never been banned from anywhere. Rude customers 2481274848

You're only 27...you've still got time Wink
    Snowdog
    Snowdog
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Snowdog Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 am

Sympathize with you over Krogers and its rude customers.

Today, I was in self-checkout when a man came to my register before I was finished scanning my groceries. He was bulldozing me off the line. I told him I wasn't finished and to go to another line. He didn't move. So I tried to remain calm and continue my business but apparently that wasn't good enough for him because he started picking up my groceries that were yet to be bagged. Again, I told him I had not finished and to put down my groceries. He put it in my cart unbagged. I wasn't even able to even use my coupons but tried to remain calm before the situation got worse. how rude

Afterwards, I went to the store manager and told her that something seriously needs to be done to control the customer line on self-checkout. She told me that she could nor would do anything to improve the situation and took a "I don't care" attitude. So I wrote Krogers customer support online. I doubt anything will be done. BTW, this Krogers has had crime in its parking lots no doubt from similar customers that believe they can behave anyway they want.

Any advice is welcome..........for next time.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:09 am

Snowdog wrote:Sympathize with you over Krogers and its rude customers.

Today, I was in self-checkout when a man came to my register before I was finished scanning my groceries. He was bulldozing me off the line. I told him I wasn't finished and to go to another line. He didn't move. So I tried to remain calm and continue my business but apparently that wasn't good enough for him because he started picking up my groceries that were yet to be bagged. Again, I told him I had not finished and to put down my groceries. He put it in my cart unbagged. I wasn't even able to even use my coupons but tried to remain calm before the situation got worse. how rude

Afterwards, I went to the store manager and told her that something seriously needs to be done to control the customer line on self-checkout. She told me that she could nor would do anything to improve the situation and took a "I don't care" attitude. So I wrote Krogers customer support online. I doubt anything will be done. BTW, this Krogers has had crime in its parking lots no doubt from similar customers that believe they can behave anyway they want.

Welcome to the Chamber Snowdog and I'm sorry you had that encounter. If that ever happens again, start screaming at the top of your lungs KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY chicken BREASTS!!! That should get store management's attention. Do you carry Mace?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 am

Snowdog wrote:

Next time she or any other manager has that attitude ask them if you need to contact corporate. No store manager wants that. If they call your bluff, do it. They might end up without their manager title. Corporate knows managers can be replaced. Lost customers cost them money.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 am

Snowdog

Just talked to my son who works for a major grocery chain. He said if the manager won't do anything look at your receipt. There's an 800 number on it. Call it & ask for Human Resources. Tell them what's going on. They won't put up with a manager refusing to do anything.
    Snowdog
    Snowdog
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Snowdog Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:08 am

Great advice! I did complete a form on Krogers.com.
    Got the receipt and I'm calling corporate today.

My husband told me to stand my ground and get up in the rude customer's face "eye to eye" and tell him to back off. He said most people in the wrong with any decency won't be able to look you in the eye and if he pretends not to hear start saying LOUDLY "do you understand?"

Then my husband told me not to sink to his level, be polite at first - repeat - try to get an associate to help then and there. With this situation, it's spilled milk Shrugs (Oh well…) and there is nothing that can be done now but........

When I call corporate, I'm going to tell them about the store manager and her attitude to allow rude customers to run all over others. If they can't provide a safe environment for shoppers and something bad happens next time because I defended myself with no help from associates or the manager, I'm going to sue them.

good one Gotta hand it to you - great advice. Group Hug!
    I'll let you know what happens after the call!
    Snowdog
    Snowdog
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Snowdog Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 am

Just got off the phone with Corporate. Guess what? The "store manager" I spoke to yesterday isn't the store manager at all but a co-manager. Corporate is going to speak with the true store manager over this situation and the co-manager's attitude.

I re-hashed it - complained about the chaos, etc... and told them my suggestion about doing what the post office does - roping off self checkout and having an employee "control" when customers go and come off of self checkout. Hoping this will fix it but who knows. Thanks a ton for your advice.

LMAO! Hands off my chicken breasts! ROFLMAO!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

This was a few years ago, but I was at a county fair in California waiting in line to place an order for some food, and this big biker'ish-looking guy with his wife stood to the side and hollered out his request to the girl taking the orders. I got soooooo mad, and asked him out loud in front of everybody if he really thought he was hungrier than the rest of us, and that I thought he was rude as Hell. (I think the girl taking the orders knew him, judging by the look of borderline sympathy she gave him.)

Later I found that he was a Hell's Angels. Oops!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:20 pm