CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

What is your definition of 'art?'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What is your definition of 'art?' Empty What is your definition of 'art?'

Post by Chris Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 am

What makes something 'art,' in your opinion? Does it have to have some sort of universal significance before it gets bestowed that title, or is anything someone puts time into creating 'art?'
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What is your definition of 'art?' Empty Re: What is your definition of 'art?'

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:20 pm

What is art? I don't know but I know it when I see it. big grin

I would define art as some kind of creative expression by the artist through which he or she tries to connect somehow with their audience. If there never is an audience, I'm not sure it truly is "art".
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 pm

alan smithee wrote:What is art? I don't know but I know it when I see it. big grin

That's pretty much my definition too. Smile
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Anything I'm entertained by is art.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:22 am

Here is one of my "art" pieces. I found this piece of conduit tubing run over and thot it was an inanimate dead thing, so I got a panel painted it like pavement, glued down my dead thing and ran over it with a friends tire in red paint.

What is your definition of 'art?' 5097295800_de44dff330_b

So, I actually made that - is it art?

Two decades later while riding to work I saw this run over dead paint can with, of all colors, red spilled out all over the road. So, I took a pic. I consider it found art - life imitating art as it were.

What is your definition of 'art?' 5097295400_288cd8b82f_b

I think art can be about concept as much as the physical creation. It is what an artist sees. Some ppl are not too atuned to that so they think art has to be limited to a painting or a statue that looks like a real person or thing - which are astounding pieces like Pieta but it is not limited to the real.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:39 pm