Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?

Go down 
+2
Tony Marino
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Empty
PostSubject: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 am

Quote :

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Tv-guide-news

Apr 1, 2011 04:07 PM ET
by Michael Logan

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? 110401susanlucci_erikaslezak1
Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak

God, I hope I'm wrong about this. In recent weeks, there has been a lot of
highly reliable buzz about the possible cancellation of ABC's All My Children.
But TV Guide Magazine has learned that the network is not just planning to cancel AMC
in the coming days but will very likely cancel One Life to Live, as
well. Word is, ABC Daytime chief Brian Frons has a talk show and
reality show lined up for fall — both of them much cheaper to produce
than soaps — and he needs to clear the schedule.

More disturbing, insiders say Frons has been extremely cavalier about all this, showing
no signs of sorrow or regret about a drastic decision that will leave General Hospital
the network's only daytime soap. When contacted for comment, ABC
Daytime PR chief Jori Petersen told us, "I have no announcement, and
these are just rumors that you are hearing. I am sorry to hear that
they're escalating but I cannot confirm anything."
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 am

That really sucks on many levels. Who is going to watch a reality show and a talk show after ABC cancels the fans favorite soaps? You think people are going to DVR a reality show and a talk show? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:04 am

I am hoping that this was a bad April Fools prank, or an attempt to get people buzzed. What happens if they cancel AMC and OLTL for these talk and reality shows, and no one watches them? What a silly way to shoot themselves in the foot. I could see the same thing happening to ABC in the afternoon that happened with NBC when they gave Jay Leno his own primetime talkshow. No one watched.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 am

Chris wrote:
I am hoping that this was a bad April Fools prank, or an attempt to get people buzzed. What happens if they cancel AMC and OLTL for these talk and reality shows, and no one watches them? What a silly way to shoot themselves in the foot. I could see the same thing happening to ABC in the afternoon that happened with NBC when they gave Jay Leno his own primetime talkshow. No one watched.

Canceling two seems like quite a huge risk. I would think they'd cancel one first and see how it's replacement fared before canceling a second. (And essentially leaving GH to drown by itself) Plus, OLTL is slightly up in the ratings so canceling it now seems a bit foolish.

They can tout how much cheaper these shows are to produce but guess what, if nobody watches, they still don't make money. Daytime TV will become the most unstable place on television once the soaps go cause talk shows will NOT survive.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Chris wrote:

Canceling two seems like quite a huge risk. I would think they'd cancel one first and see how it's replacement fared before canceling a second. (And essentially leaving GH to drown by itself) Plus, OLTL is slightly up in the ratings so canceling it now seems a bit foolish.

They can tout how much cheaper these shows are to produce but guess what, if nobody watches, they still don't make money. Daytime TV will become the most unstable place on television once the soaps go cause talk shows will NOT survive.

Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? 566222 Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? 2650583631
Back to top Go down
Adrian LePere
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Adrian LePere

Male
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:10 am

What a stupid move if any of this is actually true. Oprah's leaving the air next month. Even though her show is syndicated, it mostly airs on ABC stations throughout the country at 4pm/est. Why not use that time slot to test one of these cheaper to produce new shows that no one is going to watch? I don't know what Frons is thinking, or how he intends to attract viewers, but AMC and OLTL fans would probably boycott watching ABCD and that would hurt GH, since they are it's lead-in's. He puts on these new shows, no one watches them and they wind up cancelled. Then what happens? Airtime is turned over to local affiliates to air syndicated court shows and infomercials. None of this is worth the risk of failure.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 pm

^ What's more is that ABC produces its own soaps, so even if they aren't surging through the ratings roof, they still make more money off of them than NBC does DOOL or CBS does Y&R/B+B. If Frons cancels AMC and OLTL for a new talk and reality shows, and if ABC isn't producing them, then he needs to be blacklisted from ever working in television again.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:41 am

Chris wrote:
^ What's more is that ABC produces its own soaps, so even if they aren't surging through the ratings roof, they still make more money off of them than NBC does DOOL or CBS does Y&R/B+B. If Frons cancels AMC and OLTL for a new talk and reality shows, and if ABC isn't producing them, then he needs to be blacklisted from ever working in television again.

No matter how paltry the ratings are, OLTL and AMC still have a devoted enough following to generate revenue for the network. Cancelling them for these new shows that not only have NO established viewers, but will be met with rejection from viewers who're P.O.'d that their show was cancelled stands the chance to be a disaster for them...and if that happens, I will laugh my butt off. ABC has GMA. They have Regis & Kelly. They have the View. They don't need anymore daytime talk. And the last thing television needs is another "reality show."
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 am

I can't stand most talk shows and I REALLY hate most reality shows. Maybe ABC wants to become the next TLC? We can have the ABC version of Toddlers & Tiaras and Sisterwives and so forth. I can see AMC maybe being cancelled but to cancel OLTL is just showing how really stupid he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live?   Breaking: Is ABC Preparing to Cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1