Can you tell when you're being lied to? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you tell when you're being lied to?

Go down 
+4
Tony Marino
TPP
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Can you tell when you're being lied to? Empty
PostSubject: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 am

When you get the sense that someone is lying to your face, do you call them on it, or do you let them think they're getting away with it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:45 am

Ohhh yeah. If I suspect it, I will still give them the benefit of the doubt. And when I find out for sure you were lying, if it's that important....you'll definitely hear it.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am

I will be like, "are you sure?" and if they insist then I make a mental note of it. Mostly I don't think people are lying to me though.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Depends on who it is, sometimes I don't really care if the person is lying, depends on how I feel about them.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

It depends on the situation. In the last while, I have noticed that one of our close family friends lies a lot, and if it is not out and out lying, it is stretching the truth to make himself sound better. I don't even bother to call him on it, but now I am way less inclined to believe anything he says.

So, while I rarely call people out on lies, it really does change how I look at them if they do it often enough.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 pm

It depends on who it is and what the situations is. I'll do what red does and ask if they're sure. I work with a lot of kids who will lie and I'll call them on it with certain kids and other times I'll tease it out of them, like this one kid who claimed he wasn't running in the halls. I looked at him and said "Just like I'm not standing here in the hall" and it took him a second but he got the point and smiled and said if I didn't tell, he wouldn't and we laughed it off. It depends on the person and situation for me. Sometimes I'll let them get away with it but I won't usually call someone out directly, even if I know they're lying.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 am

RedBedroom wrote:
It depends on the situation. In the last while, I have noticed that one of our close family friends lies a lot, and if it is not out and out lying, it is stretching the truth to make himself sound better. I don't even bother to call him on it, but now I am way less inclined to believe anything he says.

So, while I rarely call people out on lies, it really does change how I look at them if they do it often enough.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Yep. I can usually tell. Like Tony said, it depends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?   Can you tell when you're being lied to? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you tell when you're being lied to?
Page 1 of 1