CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Impact
Nystyle709
Marc™
RedBedroom
2xy
Chris
10 posters

How did you decide your kids names?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How did you decide your kids names? Empty How did you decide your kids names?

Post by Chris Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 am

To all the parents here:

How did you decide on your kids names, and how long did it take for you and their mother/father to decide?
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

How did you decide your kids names? Empty Re: How did you decide your kids names?

Post by 2xy Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Well, I grew up being tormented for having an unusual name....still get picked on from time to time, but I can deal with it now. So I knew I wouldn't be giving my kids weird, hippy names.

I don't remember the actual process, but I tend to love Hebrew names so both of my boys have common Hebrew first names and more unusual Hebrew middle names. I guess we just made lists and talked until we agreed on something. It wasn't that difficult.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How did you decide your kids names? Empty Re: How did you decide your kids names?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:00 pm

My son is named after Dad and his middle name is a combination of mine and his dad's names.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 pm

We just went with what sounded good.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 pm

My mother said she almost named me Ashley. She went with my current name after my godbrother came home from school and told her the name of a little girl he liked in his class. She looked it up and loved it. So I was named by a four year old.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 pm

My oldest daughter was named from a baby book me and my ex-wife bought. My middle daughter was named after my wife's grandmother who at the time was dying. My son was named after me.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 pm

For our son, we just agreed on Alex but his middle name was my father's middle name. Big family thing to do. Tifanie and Jennifr were chosen out of a baby book. I took one color of highliter marker and he took another color and we marked name that we individually liked. Then we made a list of the common names we selected. Then started the procedure over again with that list of names. We Finally came up with Tifanie Hailey and Jennifr Ashley. We both knew we wanted to write their names different. So as you can see with Tifanie..it's not normally spelt like that. With Jennifr, well her brother Alex was spelled alexandr..so we just used that spelling but with Jennifr. Hence there is no E at the end of their names.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 am

My daughter's name is Crystal. Yes, my name inspired it; but in my defense, it was her mothers idea. She liked the name Crystal, and thought the tie-in to Christopher would be cute. I can't act like I didn't approve though. laughing Her middle name we decided on after going back and forth for an hour attaching various names to Crystal to see how they synced up.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:39 am

^^ cute Smile
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 am

With our first, there was a TON of negotiation. My husband likes completely different names than I do. So we went to the hospital to have her with a list of five names. My two favorites, his two favorites, and one that we both "sort of" liked. Then Sept 11th happened, and when I was in labor with her, having her, all that was on the tv was images of this horrifying devastation. My top name was Faith, so my husband, after seeing me have her, and seeing what was going on in the world, agreed. Her middle name is Rozene, same as all the first born daughters in my line going back to my great grandma.

With our second, we both liked Ezra, and Elijah. He liked Ezra more, I liked Elijah more, but he agreed to Elijah with the stipulation that we would not call him Eli. He has the middle name McPherson which is also a family middle name.

With our third, I wanted a more unique name because our last name is common and we were having trouble at the doctor and pharmacies with someone named Elijah with the same last name. My husband doesn't like unique names as a rule, so when he said "What about Shepherd?" I jumped at the chance to name him something other than Sam or David. We named him Shepherd Lee after Josh's dad's middle name.

With the twins, we had agreed upon the name Archer Desmond. Archer because I was watching Gladiator looking for unique names, but all the names were crazy names. Then Russell Crowe yelled "Archers!" and I thought "Oh, Archer!" and Desmond was suggested by one of those baby name websites where you push a button and it randomly generates names. We both like LOST, and we're Scottish, and Desmond on LOST is Scottish...So we decided on Archer Desmond for a boy, or Mira Noel for a girl. Mira was my pick because it means a bunch of lovely things in many different languages, Noel was his pick.

Then we found out we were having twins and we decided to name them the following:
    Archer Gabriel and Desmond Jack
    Mira Noel and Arwen Hope
    Archer Gabriel and Mira Noel
    depending on the mix.

I REALLY wanted to use Mira, lol, but it wasn't meant to be. Jack is after Josh's grandpa, and Gabriel was because we ran out of people to name them after and I said 'Well, everyone is related to angels, right?" lol.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Boy or girl, my first child's middle name is going to be Dior. I've already decided.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 pm

TPP, your children have some very cool names!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 pm

We considered some (that I can't remember) but settled on Allison Nicole about a week before she was born. She isn't named for anyone in the family. Just about everyone calls her Ally now.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:34 pm

RedBedroom wrote:TPP, your children have some very cool names!
    Thank you so much!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:03 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:TPP, your children have some very cool names!
    Thank you so much!

You are so welcome, creative momma!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:58 am

RedBedroom wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:
    Thank you so much!

You are so welcome, creative momma!

big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:45 am