CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

The teens are the worst

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

The teens are the worst Empty The teens are the worst

Post by Jason B. Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 am

I hate the entire teen ensemble.

Matthew, Destiny and Dani are irritating brats.
    Starr is a dorky gump.
    Cole is a wooden buffoon.
    Markko is a cornball.
    Langston is a slut.
    Hannah and Nate seem lost.
    ...and then there's Jessica.

All of them either need to be recast or written out.

I know OLTL tries to be multi-generational, but this batch isn't working for me.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

The teens are the worst Empty Re: The teens are the worst

Post by allison13 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:05 am

No argument from me.I wouldn't be sorry to see less of any of them,esp Jessica.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I remember a time when Jessica, Kevin, Joey, Todd, Marty, Christian were the teens and they didn't annoy us back then did they? I think what they are trying to do here is bring in a younger audience but in the meantime these whiny brats annoy the s**t out of us LOL. To me the worst are Dani and lately Langston and add Markko to the list just for being dumb and clueless.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Different times,different writers and even though I've never been a fan of tv teens(even when I was one),they were not as annoying back then simply bec they didn't dominate the show.Today,there is almost no break from them.One teen scene leads directly to another one.I thought we were finally in for some fireworks at the hotel with Langston and her boys,but that fizzled out to a big nothing.I am wearing out my remote ff'ing through these scenes and there's no end in sight.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Your right they do take up too much air time and its not like it is anything different its the same thing day after day after day. Thank god for the remote and FF cause I surely don't sit and watch this nonsense every day. What happened to the adults on the show they are back burnered until May sweeps? If they are depending on the teens to carry out sweeps boy are they in for low ratings.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I would agree that this is a terrible batch of teens, and is it me or do the teens on TV today (in general) all seem more child-like than they did twenty years ago, or so. It seems like I can recall when teenage characters used to seem more refined, sleek and almost adult-like. These days they seem like children.

Anyway, yeah, if it were up to me...Cole, Starr and Matthew would each be recast, Dani would be sent away for a few months and brought back with a better attitude, Destiny and Markko would be written out. Nate and Hannah, meh. Who cares?

Langston, as tacky as she's become, I'd actually keep her around...but detached from the 'teen scene.' I'd ease her into more adult scenarios, with more adult characters.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I remember the days of Dan Wolek and Cassie Callison being the resident teens, and their stories largely centering around what their parents were doing. Aside from an ancillary crush, or second-tier school friend, who only made sporadic appearances, there by and large was no teen 'scene.' Nowadays OLTL is like watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager. The show has tricked themselves into thinking that anybody cares about the Days and Nights of Starr Manning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:36 am