Faking Your Death Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faking Your Death

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
Marc™
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:33 pm

This thread is inspired by this image I saw on the LA Times blog....

Faking Your Death 911secret2

And you see it all the time on TV....where people thought someone was dead, but it turns out they weren't. It's an interesting concept. Of all the people who reportedly died on 9/11, how many weren't ever recovered? Could you believe that someone or multiple people used it as an opportunity to disappear?

If you were ever in dire trouble (with the law, someone was after you, etc), would you fake you death....or allow people to believe you had died? If someone who you cared about purportedly passed away suddenly turned up alive after 10+ years of hiding out, would you be grateful....or shun them for the deception?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 pm

What an interesting topic. I think that it is quite possible that people fake their death or just disappear without explanation, and 9/11 would have been a perfect time for someone to do such a thing if they lived in the area, and had been thinking about something like that prior.

I don't know if I would or could ever do that, even if I was in some serious trouble. Living a lie every day would be such a strange, sad way to live.

Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 pm

ITA that it's an interesting topic an yes - I can see that happening. I'd never do it myself, though. It would devastate my family, especially my parents.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:20 am

I'ma answer this later..................
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 am

If I had to disappear, then I would leave but I wouldn't allow those closest to me to believe I were dead. That'd be too cruel. I would tip them off that I was still alive, but couldn't see them indefinitely. As far as if I could forgive someone who allowed me to believe that they were dead; it depends, but I'd be inclined to say no. At least not for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 am

No I would never do such a thing, it would hurt my family too much to think that I was dead and especially with no body, there would never be any closure and they would suffer for a very long time. I would just let fate take its course.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am

Tony Marino wrote:
No I would never do such a thing, it would hurt my family too much to think that I was dead and especially with no body, there would never be any closure and they would suffer for a very long time. I would just let fate take its course.

co-signs

Because of my family, I wouldn't fake my death or allow people to believe that I was death. If it was a matter of their safety, I would possibly leave, but they would know I was still out there and alive.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am

You looking to make a life insurance score Marc? big grin

But seriously. I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to fake my own death or assume another identity. If my life was in danger, I might try to run but I'm probably taking my wife and daughter with me because they would be at risk too.

Last edited by alan smithee on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 am

Marc™ wrote:
This thread is inspired by this image I saw on the LA Times blog....

Faking Your Death 911secret2

And you see it all the time on TV....where people thought someone was dead, but it turns out they weren't. It's an interesting concept. Of all the people who reportedly died on 9/11, how many weren't ever recovered? Could you believe that someone or multiple people used it as an opportunity to disappear?

I can believe it and I've actually thought about it. I wouldn't doubt that someone was vile enough to use 9/11 as an excuse to disappear.

If you were ever in dire trouble (with the law, someone was after you, etc), would you fake you death....or allow people to believe you had died?

No. There is a -1000% percent chance I'd be in that situation....but I would let someone know I was okay. Even if I could never see them again.
If someone who you cared about purportedly passed away suddenly turned up alive after 10+ years of hiding out, would you be grateful....or shun them for the deception?

Both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faking Your Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faking Your Death   Faking Your Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Faking Your Death
Page 1 of 1