Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?

Go down 
+4
Cheaps
RobbieFTW
CeCe
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? Empty
PostSubject: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 am

It's one of my pet peeves when I see someone type in all caps, mostly because I don't understand the motivation behind it. Do they not see that it looks unorganized and less attractive? Then, of course, if you say something to them about it, they are likely to get defensive and cling harder to it, just for the sake of not being told what to do.

DOES IT BOTHER YOU WHEN YOU READ SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 am

Caps should be for proper names, the beginning of a sentence & emphasis. I know it's considered to be "yelling" but for me it's just unreadable. I won't even make the attempt.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 am

I will put up with it for a couple lines, but if it's a page long text than forget it. Especially since most people who type in all caps don't bother with punctuation and paragraphing either.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 am

^^ i agree after a few lines, then it becomes hard to read, then i wont bother reading if its more than that
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 am

I won't even bother to read it if it's a long passage that is all capitalized. People know better than that shit. It's not even like the lazy absence of punctuation....typing in all caps is just a way to be obnoxious or contrary.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Some ppl just have no artistic eye. IDK how they can look at a page of all caps and not realize how hard it is to read. Same for ppl who put everything in BOLD. Do they not know that bold only works in contrast to not bold? My autocratic boss sends whole e-mails in bold, as if the button stuck and he doesn't know how to turn it off.

There was a time, BI (Before Internet) when radio com only typed in one case and that was upper.

WE EVEN HAD TYPEWRITERS THAT DID NOT HAVE LOWER CASE AND REPORTS WERE JUST LIKE WHAT CAME OVER THE TELETYPE. HOWEVER, IT WORKED BECAUSE THE 'DEFAULT' FONT WAS COURIER, WHICH GIVES EQUAL SPACE TO ALL LETTERS (EVEN TODAY).
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:59 pm

I'll deal with all caps before I deal with a long passage or paragraph in 'text talk'.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm

I find it pretty hard to read and yes - I consider it yelling when someone types all in caps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?   Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does it bother you when people type IN ALL CAPS?
Page 1 of 1