CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Jason B.
Shale
Supernova
AtownPeep
tmontyb
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
TPP
Chris
13 posters

Does the KKK still pose a significant threat?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Does the KKK still pose a significant threat? Empty Does the KKK still pose a significant threat?

Post by Chris Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 am

Do you think that hate groups like KKK still pose a vital threat to people of color, or today are they largely organizations for racist zealots to get together and agree with each other?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Does the KKK still pose a significant threat? Empty Re: Does the KKK still pose a significant threat?

Post by TPP Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

zealots!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Does the KKK still pose a significant threat? Empty Re: Does the KKK still pose a significant threat?

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 am

Probably mostly a zealot group. There's worse dangers now.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

I don't believe they're the threat they once were. They were feared at one time but for the most part I think people see them as more of a joke. But I'm sure there will always be groups with little get togethers cheering on their hate for someone.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 am

I don't see them as any threat. Time have changed and people are simply not going to sit back and take it. I'd feel more threatened by someone who is not afraid to show their face than any coward who hides behind a freakin sheet.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 am

They're not the power they used to be, but people still need to be on the defensive and watch their asses.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:34 am

AtownPeep wrote:They're not the power they used to be, but people still need to be on the defensive and watch their asses.

This is true, it's like I was telling a friend of mine the other day, when groups of people get violent, a large thing to worry about is the mob mentality because when it's a whole group of them, (not talking about the Klan here) even the people who know better and usually wouldn't do anything of the sort will get caught up in the moment and forget about what's right or wrong and just go with everybody else. That I think is the biggest thing about the Klan, they're not as popular as they once were but they were not known for just being one here one here one here, it was whole groups of them and that's when people especially get dangerous when they join together.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 am

AtownPeep wrote:They're not the power they used to be, but people still need to be on the defensive and watch their asses.
    Yes, and they are.

I have been a member of the Southern Poverty Law Center for years and they track and fight hate groups. They use legal tactics, like suing for damages caused by the groups - such as the Mobile AL chapter that killed a black teenager. They lost all property, including meeting halls.

But there are other more dangerous hate groups, usually Christian Identity (and you thot it was just crazy Muslims out there). BTW, Morris Dees the lawyer who runs SPLC has a price on his head and the organization is always at risk of terrorism. But somebody has to do it. Might be worth supporting.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 am

The KKK is always gonna be a threat, they are like rabid animals.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:15 pm

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to read another cross burning incident in this day and age.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

KKK may not be a prevalent as they once was but the Klan is still out there. I don't they are as dangerous now nor is there cross burning but the reasoning is still there.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think that hate groups like KKK still pose a vital threat to people of color, or today are they largely organizations for racist zealots to get together and agree with each other?

Probably mostly zealots today but they are for sure still a threat. All it would take is 2 of them out and seeing 1 person with more melanin in their skin for them to attack. I really hate bigots and wish they could all be officially shut down if theyre running a group of hate, but sadly they cant.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:06 pm

sailorlover wrote:KKK may not be a prevalent as they once was but the Klan is still out there. I don't they are as dangerous now nor is there cross burning but the reasoning is still there.

They still in Florida.
    Does the KKK still pose a significant threat? KKKGvlle1992Shale

This was at a gay-rights rally in Gainesville in 1992. Watched these hypocrit bastards praying before robing up.

They just had to make their presence - and the cops kept them in a roped off area (protected from some really mean dykes who were taunting them.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 pm