Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail Empty
PostSubject: Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail   Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Don't know if it will do any good or even be seen by him, but worth a try:

Dear President Obama,

I read in the paper this week about the controversy over a National Day of Prayer which will be proclaimed by you in capacity of your office on May 5th this year. I personally think it presumes that all Americans believe in a supernatural being, God if you will, which is not the case and for those of us who don’t I see it as a violation of the Constitution’s ban against the establishment of religion.

However, that is not what I am writing about. My concerns are about another National Day of observance that does not exist and which I would like to see acknowledged. And, since you are our first president of known interracial heritage, perhaps you could assist me in bringing to light the Supreme Court decision that made such heritage legal in all the United States.

I would like to see a National Interracial Awareness day proclaimed for June 12th each year, the anniversary of the Loving versus Virginia decision in 1967. I’m sure you are familiar with this historic civil rights case, but surprisingly many Americans are not. I have asked young people and they are not aware that in 17 states in 1967 it was illegal for black and white Americans to love each other.

I have elaborated on this in the press for years and now have archived my views at the National Museum of African American History and Culture:

http://nmaahc.si.edu/memory/view/154

If we be so bold as to declare a day of prayer, with which everyone does not agree then we should at least be able to declare a day to acknowledge this significant civil rights moment.

I would appreciate your assistance in making this long overdue acknowledgement a reality.

Sincerely,

Rob (Lastname)
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail   Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Shale, I hope you get a reply. Well written.
Back to top Go down

Just Sent the Prez an E-Mail
Page 1 of 1