Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?

Go down 
+3
Shale
Nystyle709
Marc™
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? Empty
PostSubject: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm

I just read that in England, more dangerous breeds of dogs are outlawed. You think the US should follow suit?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Don't care. I'm not an animal lover like that. But from what I understand, the typical 'dangerous' dog breeds are only dangerous because they were/are trained that way. I've heard that pit bulls are really not vicious dogs.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 am

Marc™ wrote:
I just read that in England, more dangerous breeds of dogs are outlawed. You think the US should follow suit?
Yes, so that more innocent people (and little dogs) are not maimed or killed by some stupid ego tripper who has no cocept of responsibility to those around them. Invariably the dangerous animals get out on the public thorofare where they have attacked others. Then there was the woman in San Francisco killed by two uncontrolled monster dogs in her apartment hallway. Just so someone can boost their ego.

Pit bulls are supposed to be illegal in Miami-Dade County unless you carry $300K in liability insurance. That is because of the record they have in this Banana Republic, where dog fights and cock fights are still a popular sport.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:44 am

I think so. Granted there are responsible owners, but there are too many who just want a breed known for fighting because the dog is "bad ass", and not properly train or care for such a breed. I know that they should still be respected, when a respectful owner keeps them, but unfortunately, the bad owners ruin it for others.
Back to top Go down
rienpoet
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
rienpoet

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:17 am

Yes. And I wish there was a law that the owners are responsible for the dogs' behaviour. If they kill somebody, then the owners should be punished accordingly.

What's about ASPCA (American Society for Prevention of Cruelty of Animals) law? Is it a law or still just an idea from ASPCA?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~rienmuse
sailorlover
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
sailorlover

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:09 am

I don't believe that these dogs should be banned. In my opinion every dog of every breed can be dangerous. Those little dogs sometimes have more of an attitude then the big dogs. I know Rots and Pits get a bad rap but I believe it's how the dog is raised and treated daily. If you want a bad ass dog then you will raise the dog like that. Which to me is cruelty. Actually I have met more sweet and nice pits then bad ones. I know in military housing, pits are not allowed unless you have a muzzle on them. What kind of life is that for a dog?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 am

I've encountered some pit pulls with the sweetest disposition & some yorkies with way too much attitude. That said I've never heard of a roving gang of shih tzu's terrorizing the neighborhood.

I remember the woman Shale mentioned. That was a horrible tragedy that should have never happened. The owners took pride in everyone's fear if I recall. When a dog has the potential to kill or seriously harm someone I understand the desire for some kind of limitations. I appreciate that irresponsible owners may be as much at fault as the dogs in some cases but people have a right to some degree of safety in public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?   Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should More Dangerous Dog Breeds Be Banned In the US?
Page 1 of 1