What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?

Go down 
+3
2xy
Marc™
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty
PostSubject: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

What's the most outlandish excuse you've given for why you weren't coming into work that day?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

I once called in and claimed that my car key broke off in the ignition as I was leaving to come in....and made a big production over the phone about how much of a hassle it was gonna be to get the situation rectified, and how my day was ruined.

Heh.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't call in sick unless I'm sick. If I don't work, I don't get paid. Waitstaff don't get sick leave. I'm fortunate to work for a huge corporation with 70+ other servers; someone else will take your shift if you're sick. In smaller restaurants, they aren't so understanding. The attitude is "Don't call me to tell me you're sick; call me to tell me who's working for you." When I worked at Applebee's (years ago), we were responsible for finding our own coverage if we were sick.

When I was in the military, calling in sick wasn't an option, even if you were sick. You got up, put on your uniform, and went to "sick call" where they would tell you if you were sick enough to go home. And if you were given SIQ (sick in quarters) for 24 hours, you had to return to work the next day, or return to sick call if you were still too sick to work.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I overslept the day after St. Patty's Day one time years ago. I called in saying I had a stomach virus (kinda true!) and I realized that seemed suspicious the day after Patty's Day, so I called in again the day after that claiming to still be sick.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Never made up one. If I'm sick or I just can't come in, then I can't fucking come in. It's none of your business why. I tell you I'm sick, that's all I'm telling you and then I hang up the phone.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Nothing fancy. If I want to take one of my sick days and goof off, I just say having stomach problems.

If they question me I will describe liquid, spraying diarrhea and vomiting green slimy stuff or whatever I think will make them sick.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I can't recall ever having to say anything other then, "I'm sick." Never needed a doctor's note as in the doctor's note thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?   What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty

Back to top Go down

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?
Page 1 of 1