What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? Empty
PostSubject: What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?   What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 am

Everybody's got a story to tell, sometimes two or three or even more, but sometimes it goes beyond that, the writers sometimes are trying to get a message across or to make a point, as a writer, do you have anything like that planned?

I started talking about this on a thread in The Alcove, some of my work, the things I write about...I want to take the contents to the limit of what society considers 'normal', what they consider 'appropriate', what is considered inappropriate, and just take it past those limits: gender roles are challenged, more women are put up in the front in authoritative positions and getting all the action, what society considers appropriately affectionate is challenged, several of them involve two men being very close, and the lesser minded people would probably see it as a homosexual thing when it is not, the traditional family goes out the window in some instances, women are suddenly 3 dimensional characters and not all about 'oh when am I going to get married? Oh I just have to find the right guy, oh I gotta lose weight to fit into this dress, oh this is cute, oh my life has been sooooooo bad and I'm so ugly and blah blah blah'. no Not in my books, forget that, that might be what's popular for a lot of the current best sellers but my writing is not about what people 'know' will sell, or making sure it's enough like everyone else's work that everybody will like it...my work is very different and I'm sure that in itself when and if they ever come into print, will drive a lot of potential readers away, but I think the ones who remain will find it very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?   What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:50 pm

My goal is to tell stories about real people and help people connect with my characters as real people. I want to use my stories to reveal the things that really matter, and how much these things are worth in our lives.
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?   What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Ideally I would love to reveal the sheepishness of people..but there have already been 1000s of books written to do that and none have made a difference to date. Johns Steinbeck comes to mind...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
CaffeinePlease
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
CaffeinePlease

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?   What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

If I ever reach some sort of an audience with my writing (no matter how big or small), I want to show how important imagination is, that there are no limits to it. I want it to be absurd and ridiculous and imaginative. But that's with my stories.

With my poetry I want it raw and emotional and not anything left unsaid or any stone unturned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?   What do you hope to accomplish as a writer? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you hope to accomplish as a writer?
Page 1 of 1